Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat Thermometer Recommendations?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Want to buy a meat thermometer and looking for recommendations.

I am happy to pay a bit extra for an accurate one, I imagine digital would be more beneficial than analogue?

Anyone got any recommendations of good ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Just google Digitron, fairly reliable digital ones. Make sure you keep your calibration up to date.

Is it for home use or use in a professional food business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I bought a digital one in Ikea for Eur 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Thanks, its for home use.

I just want to make sure I get one that is accurate and I can trust!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

homestore and more have a decient digital one for under €20. seems sturdyer than some "professional ones" i have worked with and accurate as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Don't confuse precision with accuracy. Just because a thermometer, or any other measuring device for that matter, has a digital display doesn't make it any more accurate than a boring old-fashioned analogue one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Then if not professional buy one of the under 20 euro recommended ones mentioned in this thread and calibrate it yourself at home a couple of times a year, just buy a replacement if its way off.

Advertisement