Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AverMedia Game Capture HD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I've heard it's not as good a quality as the pvr, but it still looks good and I wouldn't mind trying it

You get a european one with the correct power supply

Also, it's pretty inconvenient to not have recordings going straight to the PC, but thats just personal preference

If it was a bit cheaper, I woukld buy it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm with Tallon on this, as people record live commentary on my vids as they're playing, I need to be able to monitor as they record, so the Hauppage is still the best option in this price range. That's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wabb

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a question, I cant find an answer to it anywhere...

I see that Audio on the PS3 is set to Scart/AV Multi when its connected, when playing online I use the Astro A40 Headset which connects through the optical imput, can these two be used together at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ste Q

Got one today, along with a hdmi to component convertor and not only does the Avermedia c281 work brilliantly, in conjunction with the other it's a great solution for getting the HD content from your satellite tv hd box onto a media player/ hard drive!
    Highly recommended!

ps I went for this one over the Hauppauge as couldn't face all the wires/slash noise having pc beside telly and frankly as it works I'm v pleased! Gonna try from blu-ray player later too ;)

Ste Q wrote: »
    Gonna try from blu-ray player later too ;)

...and after a bit of a false start (ie running PS3 hdmi through hdmi/component convertor, which DOESN'T work, damn you Sony!) found that in fact the lead that is provided with the Game Capture actually works fine for Blu-Ray's too. Just set display output as D-Terminal to Component and away it went. Working a treat! (Oh, and I disable the internet connection before doing this, just in case)

Think I'll renew my Xtravision membership now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Wabb

Ste Q wrote: »
    Got one today, along with a hdmi to component convertor and not only does the Avermedia c281 work brilliantly, in conjunction with the other it's a great solution for getting the HD content from your satellite tv hd box onto a media player/ hard drive!
    Highly recommended!

ps I went for this one over the Hauppauge as couldn't face all the wires/slash noise having pc beside telly and frankly as it works I'm v pleased! Gonna try from blu-ray player later too ;)

Any chance of your thoughts on the game recording, what was the quality like and was it easy to render your clips in sony vegas or whatever one you use......

I don't use it for game capture, but when in 1080i mode it'll do 15Mbps, 12 or 10 depending on your preference.
    It captures HD Sky content perfectly so I'd imagine it'd perform similarly with games but as I say I don't use it for that. It records straight into avi format and as you prob know there's a plethora of free tools for messing with avi so shouldn't be any probs there either.

NB: The PS3 tricked me, it seemed to be working fine but once the movie actually started the PS3 immediately downgraded the component output, so my earlier enthusiasm was tempered somewhat! Apparently that's a PS3-only trick so I'll hook up a bog standard blu-ray player at some point and see if that works...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Locking this because no one is talking about Game Recording and there are hints towards stuff boards can't have talked about. Certain users may have to be more careful in their posting habits.

🤪

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement