Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice of the peace

• 22-01-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭

I am trying to find out who in Ireland qualifies as a justice of the peace,

I have seen it some where that there is no such thing in Ireland since 1923, but I have also seen it somewhere that a peace commissioner is not the same as a justice of the peace,

I need to get a statement I am putting together witnessed but I do not want to go to the guards, so who is acceptable as a witness to my statement legally,

thank you in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I am trying to find out who in Ireland qualifies as a justice of the peace,

I have seen it some where that there is no such thing in Ireland since 1923, but I have also seen it somewhere that a peace commissioner is not the same as a justice of the peace,

I need to get a statement I am putting together witnessed but I do not want to go to the guards, so who is acceptable as a witness to my statement legally,

thank you in advance.

Justice of the Peace have been gone since 1922, District Judges do most of their functions now.

Depending what you want witnessed, you will require one of the following, a Notary Public, a peace commisioner, or a commisioner for oaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,804 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I need to get a statement I am putting together witnessed but I do not want to go to the guards, so who is acceptable as a witness to my statement legally.
    Depends on whose witnessing requirement you are trying to satisfy.

Why are you preparing this statement? Who will you be presenting it to? What witnessing requirement have they given you?

Advertisement