Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain alerts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

GY A1 wrote: »
    from bargain alerts breakfast in a can in aldi
    saw this also in asda for £1 i think

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/t...akfastbig-bbq/
    Love these their in Iceland and the new €2 shops called Bargains. I work out doors alot and in this weather you cant beat hot quick food and their quite filling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

ShadowFox wrote: »
    Love these their in Iceland and the new €2 shops called Bargains. I work out doors alot and in this weather you cant beat hot quick food and their quite filling

A working link

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-13th-february/products-detail-page/ps/p/all-day-breakfastbig-bbq/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

You'll be working on your own I take it :pac:

You'll be working on your own I take it :pac:
    Sometimes sometimes 2 or 3 together and they still cry about their cold sandwiches :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

GY A1 wrote: »
    from bargain alerts breakfast in a can in aldi
    saw this also in asda for £1 i think

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/t...akfastbig-bbq/

This is one for the taste test, breakfast for €1.50 beats an over cooked breakfast roll, with yesterdays sausages, rubber eggs and rashers you could scrape paint with.

• Advertisement

Karrimor Gel Hand Warmers Reusable, spotted on sports direct.

They also have polo shirts for €1.55 and 12 packs of socks for €6.99

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭spynappels

Home Bargains has just opened in Newry a few weeks ago.

They have Koka Noodles 85g for 25p got a few last night and will probably get some moreevery week for a few weeks. Date is June 2015 but we'll rotate them out anyway, so not a bad price I think.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-2172D30C-D45992F4/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=2329

This has to be worth a tenner to have in your kitbag. Solar and dynamo powered LED torch.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-2172D30C-D45992F4/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=2329

This has to be worth a tenner to have in your kitbag. Solar and dynamo powered LED torch.

The problem with almost anything cheap with a lithium battery built in from Aldi and Lidl is the batteries are poor quality and if you don't regularly charge them the batteries fail. So not one I'd be putting in my kitbag because the last one I had didn't last more than 6 months (forgotten in car dashboard after some initial use and didn't work when needed). I've had the same problem with wind up torches great if you use them regularly but useless as a rarely used emergency standby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Bought one of each to try. Tasted by two teenagers and myself. Unanimous decision. Get more of the Breakfast & leave the BBQ.

Straight out of the tin (cold) the Breakfast wasn't bad but the BBQ was...shall I say...bland. Heated the B'fast was nice but the BBQ had not improved

gman2k wrote: »

• Advertisement

The problem with almost anything cheap with a lithium battery built in from Aldi and Lidl is the batteries are poor quality and if you don't regularly charge them the batteries fail. So not one I'd be putting in my kitbag because the last one I had didn't last more than 6 months (forgotten in car dashboard after some initial use and didn't work when needed). I've had the same problem with wind up torches great if you use them regularly but useless as a rarely used emergency standby.

Thanks for info, that explains why the wind up torch I have doesn't hold a charge past a few minutes.

0o0o0OOOO wonder would it be possible to hack it into a wind up phone charger or something 0o0o0o0o0o0

Ive picked up over 20 wind up torches in different €2 shops only had 1 fail on me and that was the winding handle not the battery. I dont use them often but check them every 6 months they hold their charge and work fine

Ive picked up over 20 wind up torches in different €2 shops only had 1 fail on me and that was the winding handle not the battery. I dont use them often but check them every 6 months they hold their charge and work fine

I've 4 dead ones here all will still wind up and give light but none will hold a charge, my plan was to check them every 6 months which I did but after the second 6 months they were all useless. I still have them as I keep thinking I'll put some different batteries in them one day.

I've 4 dead ones here all will still wind up and give light but none will hold a charge, my plan was to check them every 6 months which I did but after the second 6 months they were all useless. I still have them as I keep thinking I'll put some different batteries in them one day.
    Ive had mine for nearly 2 years now they hold about 10 mins of a charge but i dont wind them fully (id be totally off my head if i did that with over 20 of them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭patspost

Picked up a Bow saw in Lidl on Tuesday €6.99 with a spare blade.
    Fine sized saw with a spare blade, handy thing to have
    Like an old Bushman saw of old.

Sorry dont have a link.

This Yellowstone 2in1 Headlamp doesn't look bad for about €4. The item looks identical to a similar headlamp branded EverReady which is highly recommended. Only downside I know to this item if it is the same as the EveryReady one is that it is easily switch on in a pocket so I store mine on a hook on the backdoor or take the batteries out.

Because its an add on item at that price you need to have an order for £20 or more (which should get you free supersaver delivery anyway if you pick the right items) and then you can add them to your order with free delivery.

This Yellowstone 2in1 Headlamp doesn't look bad for about €4. The item looks identical to a similar headlamp branded EverReady which is highly recommended. Only downside I know to this item if it is the same as the EveryReady one is that it is easily switch on in a pocket so I store mine on a hook on the backdoor or take the batteries out.

Because its an add on item at that price you need to have an order for £20 or more (which should get you free supersaver delivery anyway if you pick the right items) and then you can add them to your order with free delivery.

I bought one in Tesco last month, almost exactly like this, 2 white 1 red led takes 3 AAA batteries.(very similar packaging too)

Its not super bright but sufficient to work with and the red led is great in total darkness if you don't want to illuminate a large area.

Cost was just under €8 including batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

I bought one in Tesco last month, almost exactly like this, 2 white 1 red led takes 3 AAA batteries.(very similar packaging too)

Its not super bright but sufficient to work with and the red led is great in total darkness if you don't want to illuminate a large area.

Cost was just under €8 including batteries.

lidl funny enough the other day i didnt scroll back through the tread but had a 3 watt cree led head lamp for a tenner. its bargain i compared it to my led lenser h7 and its just as bright as it. its pretty much a flood light on your head , there maybe still a few in some the shops but thats what id be picking up if any one need a torch .

New Dealz shops have a web site http://www.dealz.ie/food-and-drink

Woodies have battery chargers with 4AA batteries reduced to under €11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Coming up in Lidl 03-03-2014

Silvercrest Kitchen Tools ® 3-in-1 Vacuum Sealer @ €25.99.
    Ideal for individual packing of foodstuffs & waterproofing personal & emergency kits. :)
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-91FF6EA0-02E49B65/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=3004
    86682wk1014_01_f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

And for using with a sous-vide immersion circulator, too :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ChP280th4

And the Fire Blanket wouldn't go amiss particularly in a power outage when you are cooking on something unfamiliar like a camping gaz stove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Garden Saw €3 is back tomorrow 27th too.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Dealz are currently selling a two pack of light sticks for 1.49. They also have some round 'backy like tins for the same price.

conjon wrote: »
    Dealz are currently selling a two pack of light sticks for 1.49. They also have some round 'backy like tins for the same price.

http://www.dealz.ie/assorted-glow-sticks but depends on the quality of the glow sticks, if they are the short or thin ones then they are only worth €1.49 but would be a really good deal if they are a decent size.

Anyone tried them?

TGK, that link isn't to the ones I got. The ones I got are exactly the same size as the one's I picked up in the great outdoors shop. The Dealz one's are made by Outdoor Solutions and are good for 6 hours according to the pack. I only got them at lunchtime, so it'll be a while before they're tested.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

conjon wrote: »
    They also have some round 'backy like tins for the same price.

What are these displayed with? I have a terrible tendency to get distracted with all the stuff I don't need, but maybe I might? :D

Tabnabs, I was in the Abbey Street store. They have a selection of camping stuff there. Tins, Lights, pegs etc. All are in the same spot in the shop.

• Advertisement

Battery tester in lidl on thursday only €4.99 http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-7F436DD1-2C4A8D51/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=3314 always handy to have

Advertisement