Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain alerts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Danpad wrote: »
    Lidl are doing half decent (37pcs + warning triangle) first aid kits €10 and ratchet strap sets €10
    The ratxhet straps are heavy duty enough too. I got the small ones last year and use them all the time, they have tied my quad i. The back of the van, on a trailer and been used to tie down kayaks ect on the roof and not let me down. Also used them for some heavy material in a trailer with no problem. Not bad for the €6 i think i paid for them, defo gonna get a set of these ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Rolls of "Gorilla tape" 1" by 30' for €4 in tesco in Finglas. Picked up a few as their handy for the BOB.
    Went in this evening to check them and there gone up to €6.50!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Went in this evening to check them and there gone up to €6.50!!!
    Rolls in Homebase last week €3, don't ask me how long. Same size roll as Duck Tape that was €10 beside it, hadn't heard of Gorilla tape so pondered for awhile which to get, went with the trusty duck.

Looked up Gorilla when got home and sickened (just a tad) at all the good reviews, didn't want the hassle of going back if it was crap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ah I went to my local Tesco in Ashbourne but no gorilla tape at all only various duct tapes & the original silver type was 8.40 a roll! ouch... Ill just have to "borrow" some extra strong Silage bale repair tape next time on the farm lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

My local €2 shop in coolock has gorilla tape its not bad wouldnt be as strong as duct tape but its not far off and at €2 a roll i dont mind doubling it if i have to

• Advertisement

grapeape wrote: »
    My local €2 shop in coolock has gorilla tape its not bad wouldnt be as strong as duct tape but its not far off and at €2 a roll i dont mind doubling it if i have to

Thanks for the find where in Coolock is it? Northside shopping centre across from Dunnes Grocery?

davycc wrote: »

Thanks for the find where in Coolock is it? Northside shopping centre across from Dunnes Grocery?
    It's up at the post office doors now where tommys used to be

Thanks Ill try there next....the levels I must stoop to when prepping on a virtually non existant budget lol!

davycc wrote: »
    Thanks Ill try there next....the levels I must stoop to when prepping on a virtually non existant budget lol!
    Same here they also have the single use super glue 12 pack emergency tube tent 4 pack of hand sanitizer and other bits and bobs all €2 each pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Aldi on sunday, cant go wrong for that money and a get them both!
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_24951.htm?WT.mc_id=2012-12-14-10-39

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Also Axe and Hammer multikit for 7.99 euro on thur 20th dec in Aldi.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_24996.htm

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_25000.htm

I like the axe one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

wolfeye wrote: »
    Also Axe and Hammer multikit for 7.99 euro on thur 20th dec in Aldi.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_24996.htm

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_25000.htm

I like the axe one.
    Oh yeah I used one of those to cut through a door in an earlier thread, good piece of kit, assuming its from the same manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Oh yeah I used one of those to cut through a door in an earlier thread, .

Ah good times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,456 ✭✭✭✭Esel

@Mod Maybe change the thread title to something generic and sticky? People could post stuff they got/spotted, and it could grow to be a good thread (imho). Just a suggestion anyway! :)

All from www.buyincoins.com btw P&P is free

Extra-large Head Windproof Waterproof Matches

Magnesium Flint Stone Fire Starter

3 PCS 30mm Mini Body Pocket Compass

Baseplate Ruler Map Scale Compass

Permanent Match Box Striker/Lighter
    (uses lighter fuel)

Camouflage Mesh Face Mask Mosquito Hat

Dry Bag 50 Litre (they also have 30L, 20L, 10L)

20 Litre PVC Passive Solar Energy Passive Shower )could double as water storage)

Steel Wire Saw

Dry Pouch/Bag for Phone/MP3/Wallet/Docs

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I bought some stuff off them recently.
    A couple of items were slow to arrive, One of them a month in fact.
    It was around Christmas so that mightn't have helped.
    But first item arrived in 4 days.
    Also if u buy something with a plug on it make sure to state uk plug.
    They say they ship suitable plug for shipping address but they sent me a continental 2 pin one.
    They did give me a partial refund though.
    If u have a problem, they are good to resolve it.

Foldable Garden Saw €3 in Lidl this Thursday 28th Feb.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Esel wrote: »

Lidls site is down atm but if thats the same saw as they have sold in the past its well worth the money. I was only using one this morning cutting up small timber for a woodburner. It cuts up to 2inch timber quite easily but will do much thicker if you really need to. The one I'm using is about 3 years old and I've cut dozens of barrow loads of thin timber with it. Only problem is that they are totally throw away and non sharpenable as the hardened points are too hard to sharpen.

I'll be getting 4 if they are the right ones.

btw worth wearing gloves if you are using them to cut up small firewood when out and about because you rarely use a proper "brake" and end up holding small peices in one hand while cutting with the other - too easy to slip.

Edit> Checked back with the Lidl site and the picture is identical to the saw I've got here. I have to say I thought these were "hardpoint" saws but as the advertising doesn't highlight that fact they probably aren't. For anyone conscience of the weight they are carrying these weigh in at about 265 grams (bit over half a pound).

My wife picked up 2 folding saws in Lidl for me, she'd have thought I was mad if I'd asked her for 4 so I might pop back and see if they have any left later.

Why 4?

One in a family bob (we have 3 prepacked and I try and put a spread of handy tools in each one so they aren't duplicated)
    One in my daily carry rucsack - why I posted the weight.
    One in my car
    One in wifes car
    And why stop at 4 so maybe a spare :o:o:o

^ They had better not be all gone when I get there tonight! :)

Not your ornery onager

^ They had better not be all gone when I get there tonight! :)

You should be OK I don't think anyones thinking much about gardening with this current cold spell and most Irish gardening techniques involve sitting on a lawn tractor and driving it around when your neighors are most likely to see you, so not much call for them either ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

Picked up two today and they seem pretty sturdy.

20% off all water products if anyone is interested here is the link and discount code
    http://myemail.constantcontact.com/All-WATER-Products-are-20--OFF-.html?soid=1102848092515&aid=ssjXZZCBfZw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Picked myself up one of these. Very nice little piece of kit for the money. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Khannie wrote: »

Picked myself up one of these. Very nice little piece of kit for the money. Thanks for the tip.

Got one of these today, takes a good bite when cutting but got an awful lot of branches cleared with it after getting used to it,
    Great bargain and Great cutter

GY A1 wrote: »
    Got one of these today, takes a good bite when cutting but got an awful lot of branches cleared with it after getting used to it,
    Great bargain and Great cutter

No ones mentioned yet that they cut primarily on the pull stroke so as you say it can take some getting used to if you've not used that type of saw before.

I did get 4 in the end :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

210L water butts in aldi tomorrow. 40 euro

Hope it helps someone

Handy emergency flashlights in aldi on sunday €14.99 http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_26128.htm

eirator wrote: »
    No ones mentioned yet that they cut primarily on the pull stroke so as you say it can take some getting used to if you've not used that type of saw before.
    Interesting! That's how Japanese saws cut too.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

grapeape wrote: »
    The one that is 51 from armygearireland.com is $24 (incl. 20% off) on the above site, and it seems to be a later model with a "an unbeatable life-time tungsten, carbide, cobalt built-in Super Alloy Striking Blade that will never dull!"

$24 is about €18.50. :eek:

Don't know how shipping costs compare. The irish site has a blank page.....

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement