Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mechical zero

Options
  • 22-01-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

How many lads get the mechical zero of there scope before they mount them on there rifle? of so how do you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Two ways
    1. Screw the turrets all one way and then count MOA/clicks back to the other way and then set to the middle.
    2. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431546

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

clivej wrote: »
    Two ways
    1. Screw the turrets all one way and then count MOA/clicks back to the other way and then set to the middle.
    2. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055431546

Thanks clive. i seen a video of a guy using a mirror to do it anyone tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Never thought about this. Just wondering what the point is. I mean, if you mount the scope solidly it surely doesn't matter where the cross hairs start because they'll end up in the same place yeah?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Never thought about this. Just wondering what the point is. I mean, if you mount the scope solidly it surely doesn't matter where the cross hairs start because they'll end up in the same place yeah?!

Not true.

As you click in more say right/left windage then you will have less up/down elevation to dail in and visa versa. This is why you should always try to have the scope and mounts centered in relation to the barrel centre line.
    Its one of the reasons that people run out of up clicks when trying to zero a scope, 'cos they have so much windage added.

The reticle will always appear to be and look as if its in the centre of the scope.

reticaloffsetimage.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

I use the mirror all the time, don,t know if it better than counting the clicks but it saves a lot of counting and is much faster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement