Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Week In

Options
  • 22-01-2012 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Well, I've been lurking around this forum for a couple of months now and doing lots of reading. I got my Ego-T before Christmas but as I was going away, I put it away and decided that I'd figure it all out when I got back.

So basically, I fixed last Monday as my 'quit' date. Up to then, I'd been mixing vaping with smoking - mostly smoking. Last Sunday, I finished my last ciggie around lunchtime and unlike every previous quit attempt, I didn't panic and rush to the shops to buy some to 'tide me over' until the next day - a major achievement in itself.

I made it through the whole week without any major cravings/yearnings but last night was my biggest test - a house party where virtually everyone there was a smoker. Victory was mine though - I wasn't even tempted and nearly everyone there was fascinated by my fancy new toy. I may even have converted a couple of people.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has been contributing here for the last few months. Reading your stories helped me take the plunge and after a week, I'm thinking it might have been the best decision I've ever made. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Well done, keep it up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I wasn't even tempted
    Thats what wrecked my head, the fact that I could go without a ciggie and not panic.
    Till I tried e-cig the thought of not being able to smoke filled me with dread.
    Keep it up and think of all the money your saving, don't think about what mods an stuff cost, you'd have spent that anyway ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Fair play to you man!
    Last Monday was my 'quit' day too!

On day 7 of no smokes here and I'm over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Congrats, and welcome to the club :D
    tommy2bad wrote: »
    Thats what wrecked my head, the fact that I could go without a ciggie and not panic.
    Till I tried e-cig the thought of not being able to smoke filled me with dread.

Same here, anytime i gave up, i'd be going around the place with a knot in my stomach. No matter how much i reasoned with myself, could never shake it....

Advertisement