Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting game casuals in Donegal (Letterkenny) - Is there any interest?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I might be able to have a venue to host some fighting game casuals. I mainly play SSFIV AE, 3S and ST but I do have some interest in other games like VF5, T6, SCIV and BB so if I'd be able to sort out a venue where we could meet for casuals, would anyone from around the north west (ofcourse, players from any part of Ireland are welcome if you're willing to do same 4 hour journey I do to get to Dublin :)) be interested in having some casual meets of SF, VF, Tekken, SC or VF? I thought to start off though, it might be a good idea to focus on one game so the most popular game out of that lot would probably be SSFIV AE and then progressively move on to others, similarly how the fighting game scene started in Dublin.

So yeah, anyone interested in having casuals in Letterkenny? The greatest town in the whole of all Ireland! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It's been a long time man.

This guy is an OG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Possibly of interest:

http://mageecore.com/

They're an organisation similar to Dragonslayers, based in the University of Ulster's Magee campus in Derry. They meet Wednesday nights during university term time, and they're putting on an all day event on the 4th of February. I'd probably be going myself if it wasn't for the KOF ranbats here in Belfast.

Might be a decent place to recruit players - it's only about 30km from Letterkenny. Less than a half-hour drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Cheers for the info Yreval. Derry is not too bad so I will definitely look into heading down for that big meet. I'll get talking to the guy I know who could give me the space to host the casuals here and find out his rates. It'll be a room at the back of an internet cafe. I don't think there are any consoles set up there but I could bring my own down.

Anyway, will look into it. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Are the Four Lanterns and the Casbah still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Are the Four Lanterns and the Casbah still open?

Nothing will killl the four lights in Letterkenny, no matter how hard anyone tries. Night out wouldn't be the same. Think Casbah may be gone by now though. :(

If you were looking for gamers i would try the LOFT, if you know it. Its opposite where the Grill used to be, the building where the old cinema was, top floor. When i used to be in there it had a small gaming scene going! Aside from that try checking out if there's a gaming society of some sort in the LYIT?

• Advertisement
Advertisement