Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Back – The Story of the Beatles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hi,
    Resurrecting this thread, instead of starting a new one.

The show is back in the Olympia in August, considering buying tickets as a present for my mum.

Just wondering have any boardsies been? Any reviews or feedback good or bad?

Priced at €25 whihc seems pretty good, but still don't wanna be just throwing away €50 on a karaoke show :D

Thanks
    DD

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mimbo

Heard these guys on Tom Dunne's show on News Talk this morning. They sounded class. €25 is a pretty good bargain. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

I saw that show maybe 2-3 years ago now. The lads do a great Beatles tribute and it's not all just a Beatles tribute gig. They have video as well along with the songs and the guys play the parts pretty well. The video is some old Beatles video and some stuff that was done for the show itself. It's got some in-jokes in there as well. Can't remember many but one shot is the 4 lads and Eric Clapton and someone playing Patti Boyd going into a building with a shot a few seconds later of Patti running out of the building with Eric Clapton :). I went along with a friend of mine who's a Beatles Nerd and also a bit of a Beatles snob and he thoroughly enjoyed it so I'd take that as an A1 review really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

squonk wrote: »
    I saw that show maybe 2-3 years ago now. The lads do a great Beatles tribute and it's not all just a Beatles tribute gig. They have video as well along with the songs and the guys play the parts pretty well. The video is some old Beatles video and some stuff that was done for the show itself. It's got some in-jokes in there as well. Can't remember many but one shot is the 4 lads and Eric Clapton and someone playing Patti Boyd going into a building with a shot a few seconds later of Patti running out of the building with Eric Clapton :). I went along with a friend of mine who's a Beatles Nerd and also a bit of a Beatles snob and he thoroughly enjoyed it so I'd take that as an A1 review really.

Thanks for the response,
    I took a chance and bought the tickets already anyway, but good to know that at least somebody (other than reviws on their own site) say it's not crap. Had a hard time finding any real reviews.
    Cheers!

I'll post back with thoughts after the gig

Advertisement