Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone tell me with reasonable certainty.....

Options
  • 22-01-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Is there any Dog wardens still employed in the city at all or have they gone the way of everything else, the amount of Dog crap thats everywhere these days is well Disgusting, I went for a walk out the dunmore road and to say it was like an obstacle course was an understatement.

Surely this would raise a few quid

Section 22 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 makes it an offence for the person in charge of a dog not to clean up when their dog fouls in a public place. Please act responsibly - clean up after your dog and dispose of the dirt in a suitable sanitary manner; use a paper bag. Dog dirt is a health hazard and some day your child might be affected by someone else’s failure to ‘do the right thing’. Train your dog to “go at home” in the garden. Failure to clean up your dog’s waste can lead to a 150 euro “on-the-spot” fine or on summary conviction to a fine of up to 3,000 euro.

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its not the dogs fault its the owners for not picking it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Make a citizen's arrest against the dog!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Does anyone actually know someone whoever got maimed by a dog crap?
    I also haven't seen a white crap around in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

If you give a dog too many bones it turns his crap white, people dont get bones from the butchers any more i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

seanybiker wrote: »

You're not looking hard enough.

Read about one in a book recently - 'First Frost'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I agree. The warden service has really gone to the dogs.

I drag my fella when he goes to crap in a garden but I leave him work away in the green beside me house.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I drag my fella when he goes to crap in a garden but I leave him work away in the green beside me house.

Where the kid's play.Nice one
    It should be the law that all dog's MUST wear a nappy when in a public place.A muzzle for their arse if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

well according to that act i posted in OP, it is an offense to leave dog crap lying around in a public place, hence my original question on where the dog wardens are as they can impose on the spot fines for it.

out of sight out of mind i guess, and I know its not the dogs fault they have to go like everyone else, but would you let a dog crap all over the house and not clean it up, so why should people be allowed to get away with it on footpaths etc etc.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd guess the dog wardens finish work every afternoon the same as most city council employees, around 3 hours before most people take their dogs out for a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Where the kid's play.Nice one
    It should be the law that all dog's MUST wear a nappy when in a public place.A muzzle for their arse if you like.

Yeah the kids love playing in a green thats overgrown with thistle bushes and full of rubbish from the estate backing onto that part of the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Yeah the kids love playing in a green thats overgrown with thistle bushes and full of rubbish from the estate backing onto that part of the green.

Anyway, seanybikers are in his basement

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Anyway, seanybikers are in his basement

I left em out for their 1 minute of fresh air and they gotbaway. Few traps set though so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's the litter warden that's supposed to deal with dog crap in public places but from past dealings with him it takes the promise of dropping in bags of dog ****e on a weekly basis to encourage him to deal with persistant dog fouling by local dogs.

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/departments/environment/litter.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Does anyone actually know someone whoever got maimed by a dog crap?

yes i have, woman slipped on dog excrement, fractured arm, unable to use shoulder since.

Chiparus wrote: »
    yes i have, woman slipped on dog excrement, fractured arm, unable to use shoulder since.
    That's a balls. Slipped on some meself a few days ago but I didn't go flying or anything. Just done the whole ninja jump to get my balance back. It was in the middle of the green so if I fell it wouldn't have been bad.
    I think I have a 6th sense that works against me. Almost all the time when I go Walkabout or whatever ill mostly end up standing in shyte. It's after happening so many times it doesn't bother me anymore. I just accept it as part of life lol. Throw me runners out the back until the shyte goes crispy then just bate the runners off the wall for a few minutes. Have about 4-5 pairs of runners out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

hmm just looked at that site

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/departments/environment/litter.htm

It says there report litter, so in the report field what we say dog ****e everywhere your walk

Shin

Advertisement