Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curvy of just fat?

• 22-01-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Recently this photo appeared on my timeline on facebook;

403850_226219027463574_160869300665214_505935_568642094_n.jpg
    It attracted many comment underneath, with many females saying that she "needed more cuves", and was "too skinny"

Now I realise it is probably photo shopped etc, but do you think she is "too skinny"?

Is she in need of more "curves"?

Are these females just jealous and trying to justify their own figure?

Personally I don't believe she is too skinny or any of that rubbish. I think people often use the excuse that their are curvy instead of facing up to the fact that they are fat.

/prepares to ignore insults about how OP looks

Is the girl too skinny? 234 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    16% 38 votes
    I don't care
    72% 169 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    11% 27 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

jealous big birds I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Your username needs more curves.

she actually looks fine :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

She has curves all right - curves are boobs and waist to hips ratio. Not fat rolls as some tend to think.
    She looks mighty fine to me and I am a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

her body looks a bit strange tbh. I can't put my finger on why though. It's like her boobs are sitting really low on her chest. She's very slim, but I don't think she's malnourished/too skinny at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

That pasta looks undercooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

She'd do with losing a few alright and I hope all that pasta isnt for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

What's the debate here? She looks totally normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

With slightly less text I would've put this as a spam thread.

she looks fine. in good shape it seems. and yeah I would say if any girl says she needs more meat on her they're probably jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I don't understand how the 'curvy or just fat' thread title relates to the 'too skinny' poll!

She could do with a little more meat IMO and looks a little trashy too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fat women call themselves curvy so the word cannot be used anymore as an adequate description.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

mhge wrote: »
    She looks mighty fine to me and I am a woman.

Maybe it was the broccoli that was putting people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

her body looks a bit strange tbh. I can't put my finger on why though. It's like her boobs are sitting really low on her chest. She's very slim, but I don't think she's malnourished/too skinny at all.

It could be that or it could be all the air brush - who knows

Can you explain how the thread title and topic are related please OP?? It makes no sense. Is there a debate going on about this woman's weight or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

bluewolf wrote: »
    she actually looks fine :confused:
    fine indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I like fat chicks.

Any-fucking-who, the chicks looks fine. B!tches need to get over the fact that some dudes dig that, just like guys have pretty much gotten over the fact that chicks dig men that look like they spend every living moment in a gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

WTF?

She has a fine bod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I think it's that her torso looks very long, like the distance from her pants to her belly button, then to her bra looks awkward and also the little triangle at her right arm looks photoshopped, she's not too skinny nor is she too fat, it prob the posture that makes it slightly abnormal looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I like fat chicks.

Any-fucking-who, the chicks looks fine. B!tches need to get over the fact that some dudes dig that, just like guys have pretty much gotten over the fact that chicks dig men that look like they spend every living moment in a gym.

Slightly OT - but you still owe me a few potatoes on sticks with purple paint on them.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Can you explain how the thread title and topic are related please OP?? It makes no sense. Is there a debate going on about this woman's weight or what?

To clarify,

Does the girl look normal? (she does to me)

People seemed to believe she needed more curves. Does she? OR were these people just jealous?

Do people often claim that they are curvy instead of owning up to the fact that they are just fat? (what title refers to)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What's the debate here? She looks totally normal.

Oh how I wish that was what normal looked liked.

xoxyx wrote: »
    Slightly OT - but you still owe me a few potatoes on sticks with purple paint on them.

Yeah, the one I made went all weird. Gimme a while to get more paint and I'll send you some.

Cool. Been waiting ages!!

You wait on me for anything your Grandchildren will be dead before it happens.

Cian92 wrote: »
    To clarify,

Does the girl look normal? (she does to me)

People seemed to believe she needed more curves. Does she? OR were these people just jealous?

Do people often claim that they are curvy instead of owning up to the fact that they are just fat? (what title refers to)

Ah bleedin' hell...don't want to bite your head off but did you need read the last million threads on this topic?

Ain't gonna be no grandchildren without those potatoes.

Oh how I wish that was what normal looked liked.

Viva Espana, baby!

Ah bleedin' hell...don't want to bite your head off but did you need read the last million threads on this topic?

Ah bleedin' hell.

You can alway just ignore the topic if you so wish.

Now I'm intrigued as to how your reproductive system works. Do you grow little Xoxyxs off yourself like potatoes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I don't understand how the 'curvy or just fat' thread title relates to the 'too skinny' poll!

She could do with a little more meat IMO and looks a little trashy too. ;)
    Jealous... :rolleyes:

Oh wait, you're a man so it's just your opinion... ;)

I don't think she's too skinny and I think she's curvy (although not voluptuous) but "You're just jealous!" is such a spiteful ad hominem by people who must fancy themselves as mindreaders - sometimes it might be jealousy but on a message-board you really can't tell, nor do you have a clue whether they are fat/unattractive.
    And plenty of women who describe themselves as curvy are curvy, not always fat.

Now I'm intrigued as to how your reproductive system works. Do you grow little Xoxyxs off yourself like potatoes?

Nah - I carve the potatoes into my image. I make sure they grow up imitating every step I took in life - I send them to the same schools, dress them in the same clothes, and make little potato friends from them to hang out with which are just like potato versions of my real friends. When they get to the age I am now, they're going to start doing the same thing and - poof - I'm a grandmother.

Isn't that how everybody does it?? :confused:

Ah bleedin' hell.

You can alway just ignore the topic if you so wish.

Yeah I know. Just curious as to why you felt the urge to start yet another thread on something that's been debated a million time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

She's not too skinny and looks like she works out. I wouldn't mind having a body like hers but unfortunately I suffer from an illness called lazyitus which means that I can't muster up the energy to go to the gym four times a week :(

Nah - I carve the potatoes into my image. I make sure they grow up imitating every step I took in life - I send them to the same schools, dress them in the same clothes, and make little potato friends from them to hang out with which are just like potato versions of my real friends. When they get to the age I am now, they're going to start doing the same thing and - poof - I'm a grandmother.

Isn't that how everybody does it?? :confused:

I steal babies, chain them to a radiator and blast grindcore at them 24 / 7 until they're eighteen. We should get together, mesh our ideologies and see what happens, maybe carve some babies into our image or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yeah, the one I made went all weird. Gimme a while to get more paint and I'll send you some.

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She looks good, bit skinny around the hips though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This thread does not bode well for my body dismorphia :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

This thread does not bode well for my body dismorphia :(

If you really do have body dismorphia I'd suggest staying away from threads like these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

This is like a cattle market, I wonder what her teeth are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

44leto wrote: »
    This is like a cattle market, I wonder what her teeth are like.
    Isn't that more to do with horses?

• Advertisement

KeithM89 wrote: »
    WTF?

It's just a dream Keith. Go back to sleep - this never actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Dudess wrote: »
    Jealous... :rolleyes:

Oh wait, you're a man so it's just your opinion... ;)

I don't think she's too skinny and I think she's curvy (although not voluptuous) but "You're just jealous!" is such a spiteful ad hominem by people who must fancy themselves as mindreaders - sometimes it might be jealousy but on a message-board you really can't tell, nor do you have a clue whether they are fat/unattractive.
    And plenty of women who describe themselves as curvy are curvy, not always fat.

The irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

These passive-aggressive pre-emptive defensive remarks at the end of an opening post are becoming very common of late.

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Cows are just fat horses....sorry "curvy" horses for the PC brigade :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Yeah, you'd usually check out the rump of a cow and her udder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If you really do have body dismorphia I'd suggest staying away from threads like these.

The title attracts me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

She looks hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Recently this photo appeared on my timeline on facebook;

403850_226219027463574_160869300665214_505935_568642094_n.jpg
    It attracted many comment underneath, with many females saying that she "needed more cuves", and was "too skinny"

Now I realise it is probably photo shopped etc, but do you think she is "too skinny"?

Is she in need of more "curves"?

Are these females just jealous and trying to justify their own figure?

Personally I don't believe she is too skinny or any of that rubbish. I think people often use the excuse that their are curvy instead of facing up to the fact that they are fat.

The window in that picture reminds me of the forest wallpaper in Windows 95.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

she looks fine to me. if that photo is real - no photoshopping - then yeah she has an unually good body, slim and toned. it probably is photoshopped and/ or airbrushed as this is no family snapshot. theres only so much photoshop can do though. she isnt too skinny. too skinny means bones abnormally jutting out/showing, sickly pallor, head too big for the skinny bony body, general unhealthy look. she looks healthy. you can be slim and healthy.

i dont think all women who say she is too skinny are just jealous. but in my experience it is more often than not borne out of jealousy. say im talking to the girls and they say 'shes too bloody skinny...' followed up by 'i wish i looked like that' or something similar.
    some women genuinely do feel bigger curves are healthier looking so its not fair to just say 'youre jealous' to any woman that says 'shes too skinny'

however i think its unfair that its ok and acceptable that larger, curvier, healthier etc girls can just offhandly say someone else is too skinny.
    when no one can say - in that manner - 'shes too fat' 'shes unhealthily fat'
    i am neither skinny nor fat. im not taking sides here

• Advertisement
Advertisement