Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curvy of just fat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

This is a stupid thread. How can anyone think she's fat/curvy? She's perfect!

And I would very much like to put my willy in her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

She could use a couple of burgers, but she's hardly emaciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm pretty sure it was a rhetorical question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

TheZohan wrote: »
    Dudess wrote: »
    Jealous... :rolleyes:

Oh wait, you're a man so it's just your opinion... ;)

I don't think she's too skinny and I think she's curvy (although not voluptuous) but "You're just jealous!" is such a spiteful ad hominem by people who must fancy themselves as mindreaders - sometimes it might be jealousy but on a message-board you really can't tell, nor do you have a clue whether they are fat/unattractive.
    And plenty of women who describe themselves as curvy are curvy, not always fat.

The irony.
    Why ironic? If people make a claim based on what they think someone feels rather than what they've written, seems as though they do fancy themselves as mind-readers. And people are always calling others (mostly women) fat/ugly here without seeing them. I used to get that sh1t all the time - because a woman who's forthright can obviously only be an unsightly heifer. A boardsie I added to Facebook actually said to me re my pics that he honestly had assumed beforehand that I was really overweight due to a few fuk-wits here. :)

Oh how I wish that was what normal looked liked.

I was just gonna say, maybe "normal" might be a bit far fetched :pac:

But she's feckin perfect imo. Not skinny at all. Skinny is when it looks like there's nothing between the skin and the bone!

Why ironic? If people make a claim based on what they think someone feels rather than what they've written, seems as though they do fancy themselves as mind-readers. And people are always calling others (mostly women) fat/ugly here without seeing them. I used to get that sh1t all the time - because a woman who's forthright can obviously only be an unsightly heifer. A boardsie I added to Facebook actually said to me re my pics that he honestly had assumed beforehand that I was really overweight due to a few fuk-wits here. :)

That's more a reflection of your new facebook buddy then anything else though. And what people are always saying these things?

I personally think curvier women like Salma Hayek and Scarlett Johansson have nicer figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I don't think she's too skinny and I think she's curvy (although not voluptuous) but "You're just jealous!" is such a spiteful ad hominem by people who must fancy themselves as mindreaders - sometimes it might be jealousy but on a message-board you really can't tell, nor do you have a clue whether they are fat/unattractive.

WTF are you talking about? Did you quote the wrong poster?

I don't see how your reply relates to my post at all! :eek:

That's more a reflection of your new facebook buddy then anything else though. And what people are always saying these things?
    No no this is going back a while - some bunnyboiling psycho and her whipped bf and a few others, mostly gone now. :) The friend on Facebook wasn't being rude - he just confessed he had come to assume it because it was so regularly being said to me, and that my pictures revealed the opposite.

• Advertisement

No no this is going back a while - some bunnyboiling psycho and her whipped bf and a few others, mostly gone now. :) The friend on Facebook wasn't being rude - he just confessed he had come to assume it because it was so regularly being said to me, and that my pictures revealed the opposite.

"look at me, look at me, I'm beautiful" :P

Pics or Gtfo :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Pics, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

She's a little underweight IMO. The top of the thigh gives it away - it doesn't look natural. She could do with an extra stone or so on her.

Still looks good though.

I was just gonna say, maybe "normal" might be a bit far fetched :pac:

But she's feckin perfect imo. Not skinny at all. Skinny is when it looks like there's nothing between the skin and the bone!

she certainly isn't skinny. she looks healthy. I love the way her top rides kinda low on her.

She may not be my type but I would have to get to know her a bit before I would rule her out completely :pac:

MCMLXXV wrote: »

WTF are you talking about? Did you quote the wrong poster?

I don't see how your reply relates to my post at all! :eek:
    But you can quote someone and then go on to talk about something else. That's all I was doing.
    My point too was: a guy saying she's too skinny - just his opinion; a girl saying it - jealous... but it might only be her opinion, just like it's the guy's.

she certainly isn't skinny. she looks healthy. I love the way her top rides kinda low on her.:

it was the top of her thigh that did it for me :pac:

• Advertisement

But you can quote someone and then go on to talk about something else. That's all I was doing.
    My point too was: a guy saying she's too skinny - just his opinion; a girl saying it - jealous... but it might only be her opinion, just like it's the guy's.

Have a look back at your post again - you made it look like I was having a go.

The OP was looking for peoples opinions and IMO I think she would look better if she was slightly heavier, end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I'm sure you are beautiful... until your accent becomes apparent that is. Reminds me of a certain ad from years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

seamus wrote: »
    She's a little underweight IMO. The top of the thigh gives it away - it doesn't look natural. She could do with an extra stone or so on her.

Still looks good though.

I reckon that's the photoshopping though. They do that a lot with thighs for some reason.

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Have a look back at your post again - you made it look like I was having a go.

The OP was looking for peoples opinions and IMO I think she would look better if she was slightly heavier, end of.
    Just believe me will ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Thats Marisa Miller, she isn't too skinny but she is a Victoria's Secret model , and that was for FHM, so that's probably photoshopped to hell. Still absolutely beautiful though

• Advertisement

"look at me, look at me, I'm beautiful" :P

Pics or Gtfo :pac:
    I didn't say anything about beauty, just that I'm not fat! :pac:

I didn't say anything about beauty, just that I'm not fat! :pac:

Well you can't be all that bad if you look like the bionic woman :D

Well the pallid complexion and the black hair!

Just believe me will ya?

I'm not disagreeing with your point, more that you used my post to have a rant about something not really related to what I said.

Forget about it.

Why can't we all just get along?

Only one thing for it, semi naked twister. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

She looks great.

Women try to improve their self esteem by putting down other women (all the while complaining about the pressure society puts on women to look a certain way).

She's a smoking hot model, appearing in FHM.
    Her name is Marisa Miller and has been in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues, worked for Victoria's Secret and countless others.

Her measurements are:
    34-23-35 (US)
    86.5-58-89 (EU)[1]

Anyone who says she is not curvy is, either in denial/jealous or thinks that curvy means 'morbidly obese'. If she is not curvy, post up someone who is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Urgh, my eyes. She's hideous!!!

:D

Robdude wrote: »
    She looks great.

Women try to improve their self esteem by putting down other women (all the while complaining about the pressure society puts on women to look a certain way).

She's a smoking hot model, appearing in FHM.
    Her name is Marisa Miller and has been in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues, worked for Victoria's Secret and countless others.

Her measurements are:
    34-23-35 (US)
    86.5-58-89 (EU)[1]

Anyone who says she is not curvy is, either in denial/jealous or thinks that curvy means 'morbidly obese'. If she is not curvy, post up someone who is.
    Someone didn't read the thread.

Monica B, Salma, Scarlett. I don't think this model is curvy - well just a tiny bit. Surely you don't honestly think there couldn't be curvier?
    23 inch waist? Yeah right. She's not a spindle in fairness. Those stats shouldn't be taken as gospel.

She is gorgeous and certainly not normal average or whatever title u wanna throw at her most woman dont look.like her and never will. Thats why she is an model of the super kind!
    As somebody said dont look at beauty magazines they will only make u feel ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

As somebody said dont look at beauty magazines they will only make u feel ugly

Abe Lincoln.

• Advertisement

Monica B, Salma, Scarlett. I don't think this model is curvy - well just a tiny bit. Surely you don't honestly think there couldn't be curvier?

Most physical features follow a bell curve. For example, height.

You have short people, 'normal' people, and tall people. The exact definition is subjective - but, because it's a bell curve, any SANE and LOGICALLY CONSISTENT definition requires the center of the normal range to match the median height and for the distance from the center for 'short' to be the same as 'tall'.

This is like saying a guy who is 213 cm isn't tall because, 'Surely you don't honestly think there couldn't be taller?'.

If we break down women's body types into a simple spectrum like this:
    <---- Skinny
    Normal
    Curvy ---->

If this girl isn't curvy - what is she?
    34 - 25 - 35. That isn't anywhere close to normal. Percentile wise, ratio of her bust size + hip size compared to her waist would put her in, something like, the top 5% of the population.

This is like taking a room of 100 guys and saying 'Okay, the shortest one is short, the tallest one is tall, and everyone else is average'.

That's a ridiculous way to define it, IMHO.

Here is your 1st & 3rd example of curvy:
    http://www.fropki.com/uploads/2011/jan/08/Salma/Salma_Hayek_Bikini_Takes_St_Barts_01.jpg
    http://www.hollywoodchaos.com/content/articles/44/full_view_img_64.jpg

Here is the model you say isn't curvy:
    http://nude-celebs.info/wp-content/uploads/marisa-miller-still-wearing-a-bikini-now-with-more-nipple-2.jpg

I think it's awfully similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

words thin girls use to describe themselves as curvy : "im fat"

words fat girls use to pretend their not fat : "im curvy" "Im a very bubbly person" "voluptuous" "plus sized"

Robdude wrote: »

Most physical features follow a bell curve. For example, height.

You have short people, 'normal' people, and tall people. The exact definition is subjective - but, because it's a bell curve, any SANE and LOGICALLY CONSISTENT definition requires the center of the normal range to match the median height and for the distance from the center for 'short' to be the same as 'tall'.

This is like saying a guy who is 213 cm isn't tall because, 'Surely you don't honestly think there couldn't be taller?'.

If we break down women's body types into a simple spectrum like this:
    <---- Skinny
    Normal
    Curvy ---->

If this girl isn't curvy - what is she?
    34 - 25 - 35. That isn't anywhere close to normal. Percentile wise, ratio of her bust size + hip size compared to her waist would put her in, something like, the top 5% of the population.

This is like taking a room of 100 guys and saying 'Okay, the shortest one is short, the tallest one is tall, and everyone else is average'.

That's a ridiculous way to define it, IMHO.
    Taking the maths stuff out of the... equation, to look at her, no, I don't think she looks curvy. I think she looks slim, the thin end of slim. You said to name others who are curvy if she isn't, and I found it really easy to come up with them.

Taking the maths stuff out of the... equation, to look at her, no, I don't think she looks curvy. I think she looks slim, the thin end of slim. You said to name others who are curvy if she isn't, and I found it really easy to come up with them.

Sorry - was editing while you replied but....

Here is your 1st & 3rd example of curvy:
    http://www.fropki.com/uploads/2011/jan/08/Salma/Salma_Hayek_Bikini_Takes_St_Barts_01.jpg
    http://www.hollywoodchaos.com/content/articles/44/full_view_img_64.jpg

Here is the model you say isn't curvy:
    http://nude-celebs.info/wp-content/uploads/marisa-miller-still-wearing-a-bikini-now-with-more-nipple-2.jpg

I don't see a lot of difference.

And if she's not curvy - then - something like less than 2% of the female population can be considered curvy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Noway is she too skinny, she looks like she words hard to have a body like that. Working out is the only way any of us women can get a body like that, simple!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

You also have to remember the camera adds 10lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You also have to remember the camera adds 10lbs

and photoshop removes 50

newbee22 wrote: »
    Noway is she too skinny, she looks like she words hard to have a body like that. Working out is the only way any of us women can get a body like that, simple!:rolleyes:
    And a very strict diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

johngalway wrote: »
    She looks hungry.

Don't worry she's just made a pot of pasta with green.....mush on her plate that I'm sure she is about to tuck into

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

her body looks a bit strange tbh. I can't put my finger on why though. It's like her boobs are sitting really low on her chest.

I think the strapless bra is the problem there. And no, she doesn't look too skinny or too fat to me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marisa_Miller
    American model best known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues and her work for lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret.
    Miller is considered a sex symbol;[7] she ranked #1 on Maxim magazine's 2008 "Hot 100" list[6] and in FHM's global 2010 "Sexiest Women in the World" poll.

another pic.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Marisamiller.jpg

Interesting to see so many people here brainwashed by media standards.

her body looks a bit strange tbh. I can't put my finger on why though. It's like her boobs are sitting really low on her chest. She's very slim, but I don't think she's malnourished/too skinny at all.
    Amazonian model body though - long and lean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

seamus wrote: »

Still looks good though.

I have seen her in person, and she is pretty and fit, but is VERY thin. She has unusually large boobs for having so little body fat, which is why, for a model, she would get pegged as 'curvy'.

I think Georgia Salpa is kind of the same way - in photographs, she looks quite 'curvy', but on video and in person, you see how thin she really is. Like Marissa Miller, she has big boobs (especially for her frame), but her arms are tiny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marisa_Miller

another pic.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Marisamiller.jpg

Interesting to see so many people here brainwashed by media standards.

She looks well starved in that second pic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Looks good to me TBH, though I do like thin fit women, not exclusively mind you. Though I'd agree with southsiderosie she would be pretty tiny in the flesh. I've seen some well known women who would look similar in pics, but in the flesh are very small framed. IMHO even if they weren't in the public eye and worked at their physique because of that, they'd still be very small framed women anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Not too skinny, but on the skinny side all the same imo. Looking at her forearms and the bit of thigh you can see, she does look a bit skinny. Let's just say a bit more meat on her bones wouldn't hurt her. But she's not a stick insect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Yeah just saw second pic, too skinny. You see a lot of real skinny women with boob jobs too. Awful. Like a piece of string with a knot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

ìt says a lot about the industry when they expect stick insects. then airbrush the photos to add meat / make them look bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

She looks grand to me. Not emaciated like some catwalk models tend to look, where you can see the outline of the thigh bones. Just long and lean with a good amount of fast twitch muscle. A body from lots of hitting the gym and eating healthy on a long slender frame rather than from self inflicted starvation.

Why are there so much 'ewww look too skinny comments'? Well yes, from some women it is jealousy, from some men it's that they personally prefer girls of a different shape for whatever reason. Others just happen to think she is, I guess.

But no, she's fine, seems perfectly healthy from the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Nah, she looks fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement