Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curvy of just fat?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In the first picture I think she looks healthy - very slim but not scrawny. But the other pic: her upper body looks pretty scrawny IMO, especially when you consider she's likely to look even more slender in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I have seen her in person, and she is pretty and fit, but is VERY thin. She has unusually large boobs for having so little body fat, which is why, for a model, she would get pegged as 'curvy'.

I think Georgia Salpa is kind of the same way - in photographs, she looks quite 'curvy', but on video and in person, you see how thin she really is. Like Marissa Miller, she has big boobs (especially for her frame), but her arms are tiny.

I once saw Salpa in person and my overwhelming impression was of how tall she was as opposed to anything else. Not normal looking at all. Like a giant
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    She looks well starved in that second pic

Hmmm no to me she looks like she was a severe swayback pushing her lumbars forward and stretching out her abdomen, which coincidentally lifts up her boobs and makes her look thinner than she is. Probably will give her back pain if not yet then not so long from now.
    Her head looks huge mind you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Robdude wrote: »
    She looks great.

Women try to improve their self esteem by putting down other women (all the while complaining about the pressure society puts on women to look a certain way).

But, do you not see that societal pressure is what drives some women to make those comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I once saw Salpa in person and my overwhelming impression was of how tall she was as opposed to anything else. Not normal looking at all. Like a giant

Hmmm no to me she looks like she was a severe swayback pushing her lumbars forward and stretching out her abdomen, which coincidentally lifts up her boobs and makes her look thinner than she is. Probably will give her back pain if not yet then not so long from now.
    Her head looks huge mind you

Are you sure it was salpa?

She's tiny...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ballinteerguy

[one hand in trousers / one hand on keyboard...]

yep looks ok to me...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Georgia Salpa is tiny in the flesh her legs are so skinny, much shorter than I expected too, I'm 5 7.5 and I was taller than her (we were both in flats) on the modelling website it states she is 5 8, hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Wouldn't say too skinny, thinner then I'd personally go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm absolutely disgusted with that picture!

How dare anyone post such demeaning photo!

Green tiles with navy polka dot knickers - how embarrassed she must have felt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I believe the definition has by now definitely developed from curvy as described here to curvy being a synonymy for obese (curves can still exist in and out in a curved hip shape) which jars with a lot of people.
    Whilst it can be argued that curvy does not even insinuate being over weight but being fuller figured in the conventional use of the word curvy.
    Curvy really is a body shape but its still fat, women's healthy range for body fat is 2-3 times higher than mens so sometimes its placed on the hips and not spread out as much thus being curvy.
    (http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/library/blbodyfatcharts.htm)

Whether its in the healthy range or unhealthy its still to do with where you body naturally stores fat.

Personally I feel like you need slender parts of your torso to contrast with fuller parts to be curvy like a good hip to waist ratio, I still do not put much value on the term at all.

In fairness though I say most obese people who calls themselves curvy are probably using it in a situation where they are defending themselves they do get a lot of hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Nope she doesn't ''need'' more curves, shes thin yes but that's it, nothing wrong with being thin :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

she is stunning- and im a woman saying that

her hips look big cos she is purposly jutting her hips to the side as a pose. wish i looked like her- she is gorge

and im so jealous:)

bitch :D

ok just copped its totally photoshopped

shes still gorgeous!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Are you sure it was salpa?

She's tiny...
    Georgia Salpa is tiny in the flesh her legs are so skinny, much shorter than I expected too, I'm 5 7.5 and I was taller than her (we were both in flats) on the modelling website it states she is 5 8, hmm...

Um. I was sure. Not now. How high do high heels get ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Um. I was sure. Not now. How high do high heels get ?

5 inches, maybe 6 if they're hooker platforms (which are actually in fashion so she could actually have been wearing them).

5 inches, maybe 6 if they're hooker platforms (which are actually in fashion so she could actually have been wearing them).

Yeah then it was her.
    anyhow i just remember thinking she was very weird looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

She'd still get it :pac:

Advertisement