Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake licenses being converted for real ones.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

hussey wrote: »
    You do not need to get this, an Irish licence is fine.
    You do not need to swap your licence if you are on a temporary visa (WHV/457)

Although if you are a PR you must swap your licence for an Australian one within 3 months.
    They can and will check your passport stamp.

An Irish Provisional is now no longer considered driving experience. You must have held your Full for 3 years or you will be issued P Plates.

My wife has just been through all this. They are very strict to the point of annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Jumpy wrote: »

An Irish Provisional is now no longer considered driving experience. You must have held your Full for 3 years or you will be issued P Plates.

My wife has just been through all this. They are very strict to the point of annoyance.

So just wondering, did she go over with her provisional and apply for the P Plates? Did she have to take any tests etc? Was there much difficulty in applying for it?
    I'm heading over on a Irish Learner to Queensland and it seems that you can exchange it for a QLD learner permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just take a test and get a QLD learners anybody over a certain age can get a learners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

crushproof wrote: »
    So just wondering, did she go over with her provisional and apply for the P Plates? Did she have to take any tests etc? Was there much difficulty in applying for it?
    I'm heading over on a Irish Learner to Queensland and it seems that you can exchange it for a QLD learner permit.

This was NSW, but she had 10 months on her Full Irish. This translates to Red Ps as you need a year of "driving experience". Irish Provisionals dont count towards it.

She didnt need any tests, but she will need to do one to go to Green Ps and then to Full.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Zambia wrote: »

i see you don't have to do a motorbike test for >250cc in West Australia if you already have a car licence, so going back to ireland would motorbike be added to your licence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I have no idea .

Advertisement