Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soap and Glory Cosmetics range

• 22-01-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering has anyone tried any of the new soap and Glory make up range? Did you find them any good? Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on them as I'm going to try them out myself next week.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Their make up range is getting great reviews so far and have seen quite a few boardsies mention it favourably!

I have Trick & Treatment which is an under-eye concealer and it's a nice product, looking forward to trying their illuminating powder too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I have the blusher (Love at First Blush) and highlighter (Glow all out). I LOVE them, I use them everyday. First of all- packaging is gorgeous, kind of cardboard packaging- not plastic anyway, all with mirrors inside. The blusher is a wheel sort of with loads of shades, if you sweep a brish over all of them they create a beautiful rosy pink suitable for pale skin. Not too overwhelming or unnatural looking. Apparently the shades used on their own also make good eyeshadows. The highlighter is a solid colour, sort of champagne-mink, not sure how to describe it. It looks great on.

Apparently the lipstick is amazing. The foundation is getting more mixed reviews than overwhelmingly positive like the rest though- though a main gripe appears to be that the packaging is so much plainer than expected. It appears to be pretty liquidy with light coverage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

My pick of the cosmetics range has to be the Kick Ass conealer, which has an under-eye and blemish concealer and a little translucent powder to set it. Very creamy, especially the undereye concealer.

The nude eyeshadows are of a very good quality also (I only have the nude set), and I have all three powders which I love and use all of them nearly every day.

The Cheek Mate is a stain onto the Benefit Benetint except in a squeezy tube, and in a gel formula, whih I way prefer to Benetint and another hit for me!

It's a great range, very small range but well selected. I've heard that the mascara's not great but I don't know about it from personal experience.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I have the foundation Show Good Face. Tis very good as there's a primer built in, but can get a bit greasy after a few hours.

I also have an eyeshadow palette but haven't tried it out yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

3 new lipbalms coming out in lovely cute tins, 7 euro each and two are tinted, looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I've only bought the lipstick so far but it's amazing :D

I got 'Perfect Day' and it's a really nice shade. It doesn't look unique or anything when you look at the bullet but it looks so lovely on. It's not my usual sort of colour, sort of a burnt rose but I've fallen in love with it!

It actually is moisturising so they're not lying when they say that and I can wear it for a few days in a row with no issues. I'll definitely be trying more of their stuff next time I'm in Boots as I'm really impressed!

Edit to add: Stays on for ages too! Just looked in the mirror and 5 hours later it's still there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm not a fan of the Kick Ass concealer at all. Think I've only used it once or twice. First of all, as soon as I dipped my brush in, I hit pan. It's also too thick for my liking. I prefer concealers that are more creamy, and I find this one rather heavy.

I have the eyebrow pencil too. It's okay, but not something I'd invest in again.

I'm not keen personally. I know I've only tried out two products but I'd buy another brand over S&G. That said, I'm not a fan of their range in general so it could just be personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 topsandtails

I have the 'sexy motherpucker' lipgloss..

It's a lot like Benefit, her glossiness.. much cheaper though!

I'll probably buy it again :)

Advertisement