Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling to delete a thread?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

When I click on edit below my post, there is no option to delete, there is only save, go advanced or cancel.

How can I delete??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You cannot delete a thread after a certain amount of time has passed (IIRC 24 hours, but I could be wrong) or once someone has replied to it. After this if you want to remove it PM the forums mods and ask them to remove it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

This is why I'm confused! No replies and 24 hours hasn't passed yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Toxica wrote: »
    This is why I'm confused! No replies and 24 hours hasn't passed yet!

It's under advanced.

It's not under advanced, I've already tried that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

go advanced
    Do this and there is an option for "Delete this Message". Click on "Delete Message" and add a reason and press the "Delete this Message" button. It may then ask for your password. Enter password and confirm.

• Advertisement

Seriously, there is no delete message option under advanced!

These are the options I have when I go advanced:

http://twitpic.com/8ag81u

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seriously, there is no delete message option under advanced!

These are the options I have when I go advanced:

http://twitpic.com/8ag81u

Scroll up to the top.

There's no other options at the top...apart from 'reason for editing'. :(

You should see this:

deleting_thumb.jpg

(that's not a special mod option)

There's nothing like that. If there was I wouldn't be here! :)

All I have is this:

http://twitpic.com/8agej5

• Advertisement

Syco just replied to it, so that ends that it seems, as you'll now need a mod to delete it.

But in general, there should always be the delete option at the top once you select "go advanced." If it occurs again let us know.

Thanks anyway...maybe it only occurs when you're trying to delete a thread rather than just a single post? I had already messaged a mod. Oh well. If i get banned, I get banned! I give up! :(

Thanks anyway...maybe it only occurs when you're trying to delete a thread rather than just a single post? I had already messaged a mod. Oh well. If i get banned, I get banned! I give up! :(

It should still work for the first post so long as it's the only post on the thread.

Advertisement