Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sunbedding

• 22-01-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

hey guys i know all the risks im still gona do it but i have a few questions

i went tanning last year and a few times i got fairly dark from tanning but other times i just ended up like a tomato

just wondered what way i should approach it this time around

i am skin type 2 with brown hair blue eyes and it usually takes me a while to tan when on holiday and burn most of the time

i started off on 3 mins last week and did 2 sessions.. went up to 4 minutes on friday of this week and did my second session today on 4 mins

there is no difference yet.. but i have just ordered accelerator

just wondered when i should start using the accelerator and when should i increase my minutes again.. i havnt been burnt yet this time !

any help is appricated

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

Video wrote: »
    hey guys i know all the risks im still gona do it but i have a few questions

i went tanning last year and a few times i got fairly dark from tanning but other times i just ended up like a tomato

just wondered what way i should approach it this time around

i am skin type 2 with brown hair blue eyes and it usually takes me a while to tan when on holiday and burn most of the time

i started off on 3 mins last week and did 2 sessions.. went up to 4 minutes on friday of this week and did my second session today on 4 mins

there is no difference yet.. but i have just ordered accelerator

just wondered when i should start using the accelerator and when should i increase my minutes again.. i havnt been burnt yet this time !

any help is appricated

thanks

If you actually really did know the risks, there wouldn't be a chance you would do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

Hi op, it takes a good few sessions to build up ur tan on a sunbed just keep increasing ur minutes slowly and ull get there, I find it very hard to tan usually just burn too, I would use sunbed at least ten times to get a decent base before going on holiday's !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

leave a few days between each session and gradually increase by the minute. remember not to get hooked on them though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Not directing this just at you OP, but I am SHOCKED by the number of people who think nothing of popping on a sunbed! 10 times?! OMG! Scorchio! I've got really pale skin, and do not desire a tan in the least. Definitely don't want to get skin cancer, for something which is merely of aesthetic value!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

everything has haters ;)

we know its bad but we take the risk

thanks for the help guys just got accelerator today so ill be testing it out.. anyone know if that sinfully black stuff has a tingle in it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

Video wrote: »
    everything has haters ;)

we know its bad but we take the risk

thanks for the help guys just got accelerator today so ill be testing it out.. anyone know if that sinfully black stuff has a tingle in it?

It has nothing got to do with hate.

It's got to do with having sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

What exactly am I 'hating'???? :-/

We all do things that we shouldn't, regardless of what others say. But the whole sunbedding thing I cannot understand! Willingly putting your skin at risk? There is no maybe about it, you ARE. Tan = damaged skin. But hey, your choice.

I don't even use fake tan - hate the stuff. So I'm biased anyway!

Advertisement