Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What now for Chris Mason and Peter Manley after their Q school Failure??

• 22-01-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Im very surprised at Mason as there was much made about his comeback and he said himself that he had unfinished business in the sport.

As for Manley, He is finished in my opinion

And unlucky Les Wallace who lost out 6-5 in the final round today. Great to Les back playing darts again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Always next year! and the opens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

I think Manley should really consider switching back to the BDO Circuit.
    He might have a better chance of qualifying for majors there

Never happen - isn't he head of the PDPA??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Never happen - isn't he head of the PDPA??
    Correct. Not a hope of Manley going back to the BDO IMO. Both Mason and Manley get associate membership cards where they'll be able to play UK Open qualifying events and other non UK PDC tournaments.

oh yeah, I forgot about the PDPA. Mason will surely be a sick man after all his talk and failing to deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

Les Wallace did get tour card. I believe he was in the top 24 after the 4 days.. great to see him back. As for Mason,not bothered,think the blokes a muppet.and massive congrats to Connie Finnan and Paddy Meaney.great achievement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭shockframe

Now that he didnt get a card is it time to reconsider the "mace the ace" nickname.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    oh yeah, I forgot about the PDPA. Mason will surely be a sick man after all his talk and failing to deliver

where has he being doing all the talking?
    i would have liked to see him back, just because he will stirr stuff up
    but it must be 06 since hes had a tournament worth talkin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

sc86 wrote: »
    pmy.murphy wrote: »

where has he being doing all the talking?
    i would have liked to see him back, just because he will stirr stuff up
    but it must be 06 since hes had a tournament worth talkin?

His Twitter

He's all over it, like snuff at a wake!!!

I never liked the fella, he was always an awful crier I thought. And then didn't he act the pri*k with Taylor in Circus Tavern as well a few years back. I remember Taylor being really annoyed with what ever mason said to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

shockframe wrote: »
    Now that he didnt get a card is it time to reconsider the "mace the ace" nickname.
    'waste of space' maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

manley could retire, mason will probably have another go at q school next year

Why would he retire if it's something he enjoys?? Q school is always there every year, he gets form back he could still cause shocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

buster180 wrote: »

Good write up from Chris and I'm happy to hear that he isn't disheartened and fully intends to keep going at it and play in every even he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Good write up from Chris and I'm happy to hear that he isn't disheartened and fully intends to keep going at it and play in every even he can.

Would love to see Chris back on the tour. With a bit of luck he plays well in the opens and gets the confidence back and gives it another go next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Thanks for putting that up buster:)
    excellent read,fair play to mason,he gave credit to all his opponents and not a hint of sour grapes.
    despite all his misdemeanors he's a player i like,at his best he is a pleasure to watch,he comes across as a pretty intelligent chap and his commentary is always good.
    theres no doubt he'll be back,he's much too good a player.he seems pretty determined to get back,i hope he does.
    As for Manley,i reckon i'll get a tour card before him:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A great write up from Chris and very gracious to all his opponents that beat him. While he may have not got a tour card he can still enter UK Open qualifiers so hopefully we'll get to see him on TV later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Bit of a coincidence but I was flicking through the channels just now and saw an old episode of Bullseye from 1988 on Challenge.
    Peter Manley was on as a contestant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Heroditas wrote: »
    Bit of a coincidence but I was flicking through the channels just now and saw an old episode of Bullseye from 1988 on Challenge.
    Peter Manley was on as a contestant! :D

As the player or non-player?

Kingp35 wrote: »

Is there anything there on Peter manleys reaction to not qualifying????

• Advertisement
Advertisement