Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ghouls flock to stricken Italian cruise ship.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

im guessing one of them was the guy that started the thread about looting the ship:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

the boat is haunted too? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Looks like a job for Scooby Doo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Ghost pirates...

or pirate ghosts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

It's sad and all, but I would fucking love to have a game of paintball on that thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I can't say that if I lived nearby that I wouldn't go and have a gander myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sea-ghouls?

What's wrong with people wanting to see the cruise ship? It was a massive event and will likely bring more money into the economy of that island. It's no different than people wanting to visit Ground Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

I wouldn't mind going seeing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

"Costa Concordia island besieged by hundreds of daytrippers eager to see wrecked cruise ship"

These idiots should be named and framed on facebook.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2090196/Costa-Concordia-island-besieged-daytrippers-eager-glance-wrecked-cruise-ship.html

Why should they be named and shamed? As long as they are not interfering with the rescue/recovery operation is it not ok? What is the difference between this and going to visit ground zero? Should all those ghouls be named and shamed too?

People, by their nature are curious and as long as its done safely and stay out of the way, I don't see the harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

What's wrong with people wanting to see the cruise ship? It was a massive event and will likely bring more money into the economy of that island. It's no different than people wanting to visit Ground Zero.

Nah, the OP thinks its ok to go and see ground zero, because that wasn't a tragedy but an inside job...

It was thermite, THERMITE!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Yes,they"re a bunch of gowls alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How bizarre is it for the Daily Mail to be taking the moral high ground on such a subject considering their own brand of gutter journalism and how they themselves covered this and other tragedies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Curiosity is natural. I bet if a large vessel was lying on its side just off Dalkey or Howth Head, thousands of people would flock to see it. There's nothing ghoulish about that. I find it more than hypocritical that the Daily Hatemail, which every day regales us with the goriest and most intimate details of every kind of tragedy, has the neck to describe those people in Italy as "ghouls".:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

How bizarre is it for the Daily Mail to be taking the moral high ground on such a subject considering their own brand of gutter journalism and how they themselves covered this and other tragedies?

Standard procedure for those hypocritical fuckwits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement