Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhome overnight

Options
  • 22-01-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Im posting this as I find a total lack of overnight camping sites available in Donegal and esp in the Letterkenny area. Most Irish towns now through the county councils have camping sites available. Examples are Sligo 2 great sites managed by Tourism / Council and Mayo. Even Bundoran has copped on and its caravan mobilehomes sites how encourage motorhomes and overnighters.
    Its strange to understand the lack of effort in a town the size of Letterkenny to provide a camp site, because its a passing trade and the money will be spent in some other town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

As far as i'm aware there's actually free overnight parking for motorhomes in bundoran down behind lidl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Also donagheys cater for campers in letterkenny, they have a big meet once a year over a weekend anyway so i'm guessing you can park there at other times. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭allquestions

Is it specifically ones around Letterkenny you're looking for, or do you want ones for Donegal in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 old westie

As far as i'm aware there's actually free overnight parking for motorhomes in bundoran down behind lidl!

not free but cheap and very close to all shops.

• Advertisement

Is it specifically ones around Letterkenny you're looking for, or do you want ones for Donegal in general?

H,i its not that im looking but rather a general comment about the total lack around the letterkenny area. Someone talked about Donaghey's Motorhomes and I agree he has a great yearly get togeather but unfortunately he has no camp site, more the pity.

meercat wrote: »

Many thanks for this, I never realised there was a motorhome page here.

Advertisement