Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long will it take you to get to a hospital ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Yay less then 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

21 mins.
    Haha probably an extra hour with traffic most times in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

less than 10 minutes! \o/

apparently if you were in the Ilac Centre it'd take 30-45 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

In cabra for college, so 10 mins, 20 mins at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Quicker than it took that bloody map to load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Less than ten minutes, but they are closing a load of beds so who knows how long i would be sitting in the ER.

But its all good politicians get to keep there laundry bonus, f**k hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

20-30 minutes for me but I know its probably about an hour in total. Guess thats just where I live and I know if one of my family members had a heart attack they would be pretty much fúcked.
    Isnt it you have 10 minutes to get a defib and advanced care on someone who has gone into cardiac arrest, after that there is 0% of them surviving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

20-30 mins according to that map, but less than 10 in some of the areas I am likely to do something which would result in me needing a hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

less than 10mins

Very interesting and also horrifying, thats quite a large percentage of the country in the 1hr+ mark

Edit:

It can take a while to load so here is the pic

http://i43.tinypic.com/8vur8m.jpg

Heavy red indicating less than 10mins, heavy blue indicating 60-90 mins+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

It gives Monaghan Tow nas being 30 - 45 mins away. That is complete bollox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm pretty close to all of the amenities listed on that map. Also within the country's main gateway.

Louth ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

30mins to Beaumont, 20mins to Conolly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I could walk there in less than 10 minutes. Assuming I was capable of walking. I have no idea how long it'd take to drag myself to A&E, but probably still not as long as it'd take to wait for an ambulance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have to wait for them to come pick me up too, who knows how long that it'd take. :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I think whoever put that map together took the word "Hospital" in "Louth County Hospital" a bit too literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

13.5 minutes.
    If I was flying maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Less then ten minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

less than 10 minutes.

I'm shocked how much of the west coast is 90+ minutes! Wouldn't want to be having an emergancy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

38 minutes from a partial emergency hospital :(
    but hey the sunny south east has the sun hasn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

49 minutes to a 24hour, wouldn't want to be dying after the hours of 8am to 8pm :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

30 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Says 15 minutes... my bollocks is it 15 minutes from malahide to the beaumount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

How long will it take me to get to the nearest hospital? It depends on whether I'm still able to walk the 180 metres or have to crawl.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

5 minutes.

Or I could just do a home operation. In my house if you haven't lost 4 pints of blood your grand. A cup of tea with 4 sugars will fix ye.

EDIT

Load of bollix, map says 20-30 minutes when I regularly drive by it 5 minutes after setting off. Stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

30-35 mins.

House - self surgery scene. Sorted.

Well I live behind the ambulance depot and the hospital is two minutes drive. But I'd still be left sitting in the waiting room for about 7 hours waiting to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

20-30 mins according to the map but given the roads tracks around here, you'd need to double that at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

3 mins in a car and 20 mins if I'm walking :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

22 mins- much higher with traffic, but otherwise accurate to Blanch and Tallaght (breaking traffic lights). Pity they both have horrendous A+E waiting times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

51 mins

:mad:

Cut a fair bit time off in an ambulance though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

10.09 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What`s the fucking point of this? Everyone`s been to their local hospital at some stage and knows how long it takes....I don`t need a bloody map to tell me...

What`s the fucking point of this? Everyone`s been to their local hospital at some stage and knows how long it takes....I don`t need a bloody map to tell me...

Alright alright, you'll need an ambulance for the stroke you're gonna give yourself :pac:

• Advertisement

Alright alright, you'll need an ambulance for the stroke you're gonna give yourself :pac:

Sorry...I`m a bit cranky this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've never yet heard of someone needing an ambulance after stroking themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

In theory, 5 minutes - in reality, its a gamble.

A woman died in my nearest town last week (knocked down) and it took between 30 (minimum) to 45 minutes for an ambulance to arrive - and from where she lay and the accident was, they could see one hospital in the distance and another, the biggest in my county, was also 7 minutes away (and I'm allowing for the call to go through, answered, message passed on, etc). Less if the driver put his foot down.

Its all right saying it will take "XX long" in theory, in reality, it might be different.

Now if I was driving someone to a hospital itself - 3/5 minutes.

Sorry...I`m a bit cranky this evening.

Well let the lovely folk of AH cheer you up a bit. They're usually good for a laugh!

(oh and don't be apologising to me dear!)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

10 minutes according to the map.
    Edit: less than 10 minutes actually, read the map wrong.

If I was dumped it the car and driven as fast as legally possible, I'd probably be in Beaumont Hospital in less than 5 minutes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I've never yet heard of someone needing an ambulance after stroking themselves.

Then you`re obviously not doing it right. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

u threatening me, OP..???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Less than ten mins for me. Without traffic or delays, and with having an ambulance on hand which in actuality rarely happens from my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Hmm. According to the map - 30-45 min.
    It's actually 45 min. in a car.

Having said that, I recently had an emergency where the patient was too ill to be moved by car. The ambulance took 25 minutes to get here, (ambulance crew were fantastic, btw) and at that, they had been diverted from another call-out. Journey to hospital took 35 minutes, though the patient had been stabilised at that point. Probably could have made it in 25 minutes, if necessary.

So, by car, 45 minutes. Ambulance, 40-50, though mitigated by the fact that emergency care provided by the ambulance crew is available in around 25 minutes, sometimes sooner if there's an ambulance already in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Considering I can actually see the hospital from my house it only takes 10 minutes to walk there. :pac:

As for going to Galway hospital from Co. Roscommon, it takes up to an hour plus. Especially when you hit that bottleneck of a town, Tuam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Funny, it says 10-20 minutes on that map, but I live just down the road from a hospital... do they mean by foot, maybe?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

The red/orange line cuts right down the middle of my road. So the odd-numbered houses can get there in less than ten minutes but us even-numbered degenerates will take 10-20 minutes :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Advertisement