Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrian hit on sth circular late fri/early sat

Options
  • 22-01-2012 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

I was driving home at 3am sat morn. Was stopped at a red light at Leonard corner(junction of sthcircular n clanbrassil st).

What happened next was shocking. I heard an impact n screams n then saw a van go across the junction with someone on the windshield. Van hit the brakes and the victim was left onthe road.

Stuck around for a few mins, realised nothing I could do as there was already plenty of people around n decided to get out ofthere as my car could holdup traffic n emergency services.

The impact was severe n I fear the worst but I've checked the herald yesterday, the indo n times today n have being checking breakingnews.ie n have yet to hear a report on this which is making me hope the victim must have survived.

Obvious question, does anyone know?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Haven't heard anything, but you should contact the guards and give them a statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

spurious wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything, but you should contact the guards and give them a statement.

yeah I'll probably ring up the guards tomorrow, I didn't see the impact just the immediate aftermath so I doubt they'll need my statement but can't do any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Not nice Dots, I saw something similar years ago, pedestrian got off a bus, walked in front of it and got milled by a car. I won't go in to details, but it was horrible. I often wonder about reports of 'not life threatening' does it mean lost limbs or wheelchair bound? Hopefully the accident victim was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If it didn't make the news, with any luck they survived.

I saw a terrible accident (involving a cyclist and a car) years ago and she died. It was reported the next day or day after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I've found out the victim is in a serious but stable condition in hospital. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a happy ending but from what I saw im amazed it's not worst.

• Advertisement
Advertisement