Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp in dock over tax evasion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

SuprSi wrote: »
    I can't imagine Jose at the Lane, though if Harry were to leave I'd welcome him with open arms. He carries a lot of baggage, but he has won stuff with every team (in fairness they've all been top teams) he's taken over.

And we, my friend, Would be another :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Court reports don't make for pretty reading at all. He really could be jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If he is jailed I will eat my hat. It simply won't be allowed happen.

It would be interesting to see would the FA still approach him if he is.

How long are they thinking the trial will last?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"If he is jailed I will eat my hat. It simply won't be allowed happen."

Could be time to buy a new hat. Sure Piggot was Britains most successful jockey and had his OBE taken back.

There is a huge difference between £300k and £3m though. IIRC Piggot's fraud was over a fairly comsiderable length of time while this is a "once off".

I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong but I will simply be amazed if this doesn't amount to more then a fine.

Even if there is a prison sentence given his Age, Lower amount of money and again relationship with the media I'd say it would be suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

ziedth wrote: »
    If he is jailed I will eat my hat. It simply won't be allowed happen.

It would be interesting to see would the FA still approach him if he is.

How long are they thinking the trial will last?

About two weeks they reckon
    Worrying times i think:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Rumor has it Redknapp could face Community Service to help London's most needy if found guilty. He will take Arsenal training twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

"'Arry give us a bung, 'Arry 'Arry give us a bung."

"Bummed in the showers, your going to get bummed in the showers, Bummed in the shoooowers."

"No income Tax, no VAT. No premier leagues points off Man City. In the dock, face so pale. Harry Redknapps' going to jail..."

"Paid all your taxes. You should have paid all your taxes"

"Whats that coming over the hill, is it the taxman? Is it the taxman?"

"Theres only one Rosie 47, there is only one Rosie 47, There is only one Rosie 47."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

havent read much but looks like harry is shiftin all the blame on mandaris lap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

he is either really thick, or trying to paint himself as really thick to try and get off.

Lending 250k to someone to buy a club so his friend could keep his job as manager?
    Putting 6 million into a property investment without reading the paperwork?

Idiotic.

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    he is either really thick, or trying to paint himself as really thick to try and get off.

Lending 250k to someone to buy a club so his friend could keep his job as manager?
    Putting 6 million into a property investment without reading the paperwork?

Idiotic.

I think he's trying to portray a man who's not motivated by money. Giving 15k to charity, losing it all on property, giving 250k to help a mate.....

Attempting to make the jurors fail to consider 'beyond reasonable doubt' why he would go to such extents to fiddle 40k of income tax....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not looking great for Harry from what I've heard so far.
    Jose is leaving Madrid at the end of the season so much politics at that club I'm sure he will. I'd be wary of moyes and I wouldnt touch O'Niell but there are some really good managers out there that I'm sure would love a chance at spurs and hopefully the champions league.

Would have killed for O'Neill a 6-10 years ago but wouldnt been one bit keen now.
    Left villa in a mess with ****e players and will do the same at sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Our next manager has to be a big name to continue our move into a top club status

Has to be someone in the leagues of Jose or ancelotti

Moyes is as good a manager as anyone in all likelihood but we need our next mgr to be respected throughout Europe . Players from Spain and other countries need to say " oh yeah I want to play for spurs, I know their mgr etc ".

That won't happen with o brill or moyes so they will always be managers of mid table teams

All joking aside I could in theory see Jose coming. If what they say is true and he wants the utd job then he couldn't go for the likes of Liverpool or City or even Arsenal. We'd be the perfect stop gap for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

All joking aside I could in theory see Jose coming. If what they say is true and he wants the utd job then he couldn't go for the likes of Liverpool or City or even Arsenal. We'd be the perfect stop gap for him.
    He could manage Arsenal not much of a rivalry there for the last decade really.

Jose deffinetly could be an option if things are as fractious in Madrid as we are being made to believe.

Really dissapointed Ancelotti took the Job at PSG he was waiting for us or Arsenal in the Summer but a year is a long while and you get bored.

Guus Hiddink would be a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Our wages structure would put Jose off surely.

He wouldnt be able to sign some of the players he wanted even if he did manage to convience them to move, the wages would put an end to any deal.

Even as a loyal fan this is pretty funny...
    AkcA2G1CEAAu4MT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Serious fireworks in court yesterday by all accounts. Arry took the gloves off. Asked the police detective in the gallery to stop staring at him while he was on the dock.

He then turned on the chief prosecutor.

Read it in the Telegraph Spurs RSS updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

heard on the radio today that the prosecuter accused harry of lieng under oath.

harrys response was that he was insulted that he think he place his hand on the bible and lie under oath.

2 weeks coming to a close now. when is the verdict due? anyone know???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

keane=cock wrote: »
    heard on the radio today that the prosecuter accused harry of lieng under oath.

harrys response was that he was insulted that he think he place his hand on the bible and lie under oath.

2 weeks coming to a close now. when is the verdict due? anyone know???

As far as I know the jury will be sent to decide verdict next wednesday

• Advertisement

Duncan castles says Levy has already been in touch with Jose about his plans for next season.

We could do worse in fairness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Wouldn't want Mourinho anywhere near the Club. Winner or not the man has no class.

The judge has said the evidence against Harry was extremely weak.

Looks like he'll get off the I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Storm in a teacup in my view

A much of a do about nothing

Top man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Are you sure that wasnt harrys lawyer in closing arguments ? The judge adjourned it early and is giving his summary tomorrow.

Are you sure that wasnt harrys lawyer in closing arguments ? The judge adjourned it early and is giving his summary tomorrow.

"Judge will sum up Redknapp/Mandaric case at 10am tomorrow and jury should retire to consider verdicts before lunch"

http://bcove.me/agwkpy7b

So what are we hoping for? A point could be made that a guilty verdict might keep him at the club.

Possibly I might of taken what I read wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

So what are we hoping for? A point could be made that a guilty verdict might keep him at the club.
    a large fine and maybe a suspended sentence,cant see him getting a jail term but who knows?

Advertisement