Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infrared anomaly heading our way!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Pixelation of the images maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

:eek:Iceberg?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭chrisjdoran

lol a pixilated iceberg? Seems like it was just a dense cloud cause it just disappeared! Bit of an anti climax, i was even looking out me window hehe..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭chrisjdoran

Ok will close this thread, I have learned a few things from this, and got another great link..http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html
    Thanks to all who chimed in, untill next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Better posted in the Weather forum tbh. I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that it was pixelation. For all we know it could have been a flight of several USAF B52's flying in formation on their way to a base in the UK and certain atmospheric conditions made their combined contrails highly visible in IR. Remember its moving faster than the weather system around it and the animation covers 2 hours so the distance covered and the length of the animation would correlate with typical aircraft speeds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement