Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warner Bros Studio Tour

• 22-01-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Can anyone please answer this question. Im buying two gift tickets for the harry potter studio tour and i wish to get them delivered. Its saying that delivery is for the UK only. But i was just wondering if we'd be covered in that and if anyone on here did manage to recieve the gift tickets?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Did you ring them and ask? Why do you need them to be delivered to you anyway? I just got mine emailed to me and then rang up and booked a date a few days later, after the phone lines had died down a bit (booked the tickets the day they went on sale so it was hectic)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

I tried yea but it was out of hours.. So i just booked it through email.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is this the Levesden studios, where you get to see the sets and everything in London?

Can you tell us how you got on? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'd be interested to hear how you got on too. We are going next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm going on the 23rd. Getting really excited now. I'll report back how it is when I get home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Going in June, can't wait! The OH is seriously sick of me talking about it :p

I'm going at the end of May, really can't wait. The pictures look amazing!

I haven't really looked anything up about it, I want it to be a complete surprise and not be disappointed by it, although I'm sure there's no way a huge harry potter nerd like me could be let down by it. After this next stop will be Orlando!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I'm going on the 23rd. Getting really excited now. I'll report back how it is when I get home :)
    Going on the 29th. Should be good.

So I went to this yesterday.

It was great, really well organised, I don't want to post a huge amount here because I don't want to ruin the surprises for anyone. I really enjoyed it anyway. I'd recommend getting and audio guide, we didn't get them and just kind of wandered around, I'd say it'd be better with one.

Also one spoiler, that I'm sure people will be happy about. They have butterbeer!

It's nearly worth going to just for the shop alone it's amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Going on Monday. Looking forward to it.

It was great, really well organised, I don't want to post a huge amount here because I don't want to ruin the surprises for anyone. I really enjoyed it anyway. I'd recommend getting and audio guide, we didn't get them and just kind of wandered around, I'd say it'd be better with one.

Also one spoiler, that I'm sure people will be happy about. They have butterbeer!

It's nearly worth going to just for the shop alone it's amazing!

Do the audio guides have headphones or what? I just ordered one between two of us, will that do?

Did you taste the Butterbeer? My sister had the one in Harry Potter World in Florida and she said it wasn't very nice. I'll totally still get it though!

I take it things to buy are quite expensive?

Agggh I can't wait another month! *head explodes with excitement*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

if anyone has tickets for the 26/27th of may id take them, they are sold out those dates and im only there those two days :(

adamski8 wrote: »
    if anyone has tickets for the 26/27th of may id take them, they are sold out those dates and im only there those two days :(

I do but I'm not giving them away for love nor money! :P

Do the audio guides have headphones or what? I just ordered one between two of us, will that do?

Did you taste the Butterbeer? My sister had the one in Harry Potter World in Florida and she said it wasn't very nice. I'll totally still get it though!

I take it things to buy are quite expensive?

Agggh I can't wait another month! *head explodes with excitement*

Yeah the audio guides had headphones, i'm sure you could manage to share!

I had the butterbeer, it was £3 for a small plastic cup of it. Odd is the only word I can think of to describe it! It was cold though not warm like I'd been hoping as it was lashing rain and you get it in the backlot between the two parts of the tour.

Things were quite expensive, robes were £75, wands £25, chocolate frogs were nearly £9 (they're really nice chocolate and completely solid though), they have chocolate wands for £4. There's pretty much everything you could want.

Also the shuttle bus is great. Literally right outside Watford junction station, Harry potter posters all over it. £2 return. If you're coming from London don't get the Watford junction train, that takes nearly an hour. We got one that went to Northampton and Watford junction was the second stop, took about 20 minutes. They were very helpful in Euston station. I'd aim to get the shuttle bus 40 mins before your entry time as it takes about 10 mins and they recommend to collect your tickets half an hour before.

There's no food/drinks allowed on the tour but there is a cloakroom which is free to use!

If anyone has any questions just let me know :)

We might pick up an extra audio guide when we're there, just so we're not fighting over the headphones!

We're actually staying with my aunt in Watford who only lives a few miles from the studios so she's dropping us there which is very handy!

I've seen a few pics online and I'm dying to go looking up more but I want to keep most of it as a surprise :D

What was the best part of it?

Oh god I don't know. When you first see the doors of the great hall and when you go in is amazing. I loved the section where they told you how all the creatures were made, some bits I really wasn't expecting and hadn't realised. I spent ages in the shop too! You can even buy hermiones Yule ball dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah the audio guides had headphones, i'm sure you could manage to share!

I had the butterbeer, it was £3 for a small plastic cup of it. Odd is the only word I can think of to describe it! It was cold though not warm like I'd been hoping as it was lashing rain and you get it in the backlot between the two parts of the tour.

Things were quite expensive, robes were £75, wands £25, chocolate frogs were nearly £9 (they're really nice chocolate and completely solid though), they have chocolate wands for £4. There's pretty much everything you could want.

Also the shuttle bus is great. Literally right outside Watford junction station, Harry potter posters all over it. £2 return. If you're coming from London don't get the Watford junction train, that takes nearly an hour. We got one that went to Northampton and Watford junction was the second stop, took about 20 minutes. They were very helpful in Euston station. I'd aim to get the shuttle bus 40 mins before your entry time as it takes about 10 mins and they recommend to collect your tickets half an hour before.

There's no food/drinks allowed on the tour but there is a cloakroom which is free to use!

If anyone has any questions just let me know :)

Did the chocolate frogs jump?

What would you rate it out of 10, as a London tourist attraction?

Going tomorrow... HP movie marathon today :D

I'd say the opposite! We got them and I didn't think they added much. The video screens that you saw on the way around said much the same as the audio guides did. There were a few extra clips and tidbits on the audio guides but you had to take specific time out to even fit in listening to them and these extras weren't particularly informative/anything I didn't know before.
    Pigwidgeon wrote:
    Pigwidgeon wrote:
    I was pleasantly surprised with the Butterbeer - very sweet and quite tasty! It's still not what I imagine "actual" ;) Butterbeer to be though; I think in reality it's less sweet and more rich and thick and, well, buttery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Oh god I don't know. When you first see the doors of the great hall and when you go in is amazing. I loved the section where they told you how all the creatures were made, some bits I really wasn't expecting and hadn't realised. I spent ages in the shop too! You can even buy hermiones Yule ball dress!
    Hi, two of us want to go on the 26th of may but there is only 1 ticket for the 5.30 entry and 1 for the 6.00 entry.
    Is it all just wander around by yourself? I was wondering if we bought those tickets would we be able to meet up inside at 6.00 and go around together then? Maybe one of us could wait around in the gift shop, have a butter beer or whatever until the other one gets in.

To be honest, when we were going in I don't think they checked the time on the tickets, they just scan them at the start of the queue. It says to go in within half an hour of the time on your ticket or something along those lines, so I'd say if you chanced your arm going in at the same time you might be ok.

After you leave the great hall, it's all self guided, so you could easily wait around.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Hi, two of us want to go on the 26th of may but there is only 1 ticket for the 5.30 entry and 1 for the 6.00 entry.
    Is it all just wander around by yourself? I was wondering if we bought those tickets would we be able to meet up inside at 6.00 and go around together then? Maybe one of us could wait around in the gift shop, have a butter beer or whatever until the other one gets in.
    We booked tickets for 14:30, and on the tickets it said "Valid for entry from 1430 to 1500". So it's fine, you'll be able to go in together :)

We went yesterday, a brilliant day out. Just in the process of going through the hundreds of photos I took.

Finally did my blog about it and posted all my photos....don't look if you don't want spoilers.
    http://magnumlady.com/2012/05/18/the-making-of-harry-potter/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157629759116048/

Forgot to post about my thoughts on the tour! Haven't even uploaded pics yet. Was there on the 26th May with my sister. Very handily, my aunt lives less than 5 minutes drive from the studios so we stayed with her!

Well the tour itself was very exciting, if not a little disillusioning!!! I'm not sure if I'll ever watch the movies the same way again :(:D The moment the doors opened into the great hall was breathtaking, although it's not as big as I expected! The tour is very well put-together and it takes you a good while to go around, especially if you have the audio guide. We were there for nearly 3 hours and we were actually rushing towards the end.

My favourite parts were the fireplaces from the Ministry (hard to believe they're made from wood!), the houses outside from Privet Drive (possibly enjoyed this part as it was 27 degrees in London that day!) and Diagon Alley.

I have to say, I'd think it's very much for die-hard Harry Potter fans and probably wouldn't recommend bringing children under the age of about 10 because I imagine they'd lose interest very quickly, as there's not a whole lot to actually "do" except look and read!

I'd say the opposite! We got them and I didn't think they added much. The video screens that you saw on the way around said much the same as the audio guides did. There were a few extra clips and tidbits on the audio guides but you had to take specific time out to even fit in listening to them and these extras weren't particularly informative/anything I didn't know before.

Yeah I agree about the audio guide tbh. I got a bit bored of mine after a while but my sister seemed to be watching every single video on it, dragging it out as much as she could!

Also forgot to comment on the shop. Pricey but that's to be expected. My sister was in Harry Potter World in Florida last year and she said it was all exactly the same merchandise. She'd brought me home a wand, another friend had brought me home a chocolate frog, so there wasn't anything THAT exciting to buy in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I loved it! Only thing was we went with a tour company and our time was 10:30 to 11, but we arrived at 9, doors didnt open till half 9 despite staff standing around doing nothing! And the tour company wanted us back at half 1, I would have loved more time there, didnt get to do the green screen stuff but other than that it was amazing! I particularly loved the board with all the pictures of the animal actors, and a lot were rescues which was great to see! So much detail in everything it was truely astounding :D I got a good haul in the gift shop too, I wanted one of every teddy but settled with a fang and fawkes.. And a tshirt and hoodie... And a chocolate frog and every flavour beans! To be honest I think I would definately be going back there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

I'm thinking of going here early next year, can anybody recommend a good place to stay thats reasonable and convenient. I know nothing about London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Rushden wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going here early next year, can anybody recommend a good place to stay thats reasonable and convenient. I know nothing about London

I went the weekend of the opening of the Olympics meaning all hotels in London were extortionate or booked out, so I stayed in the premier inn in Watford, it was still pricey but that was for the weekend that was in it. Hired a car but there's a good bus service specifically for the studios from Watford station. It's well worth a trip

Advertisement