Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nuiscance trees

Options
  • 22-01-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have trees growing like weeds along the walls of my garden. They are very slight and are about 8ft tall. They look spindly with long branches with little dark buds at the end. I chopped one down and the roots seem to be growing out wards into the lawn so if I pull it up, it will wreck the grass to. I am trying to identify it online but I don't know what the leaf looks like!
    Anyone care to take a stab at what it is and how I can beat it for good!Our neighbour has them too but its a rented property and they don't use the garden so I can't ask! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,451 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sounds like Ash trees. Wait until they come into leaf then treat with a systemic weedkiller to kill the roots. If you cut them back they will just sprout again. Could you put up a pic? Sycamore is the other likely contender, but I suspect with the black buds its Ash.

Advertisement