Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bill phone contract - Who allows tethering?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Three don't anymore for new contracts so they are off my list now unfortunately.

I am currently with Meteor but almost out of contract

Comments

Vodafone now allow tethering. See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,221 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

loopymum wrote: »
    Three don't anymore for new contracts so they are off my list now unfortunately.

I think your confusing pay as you go and bill pay, on bill you can tether, on pay as you go you can't.

It's pay as you go they've changed the t's&c's on. Where did you see tethering has been blocked on bill pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I think your confusing pay as you go and bill pay, on bill you can tether, on pay as you go you can't.

It's pay as you go they've changed the t's&c's on. Where did you see tethering has been blocked on bill pay?

Nope, I'm not confused unfortunately, they changed the terms and conditions for new contracts taken out since 1 Jan on flex max plans which include all the plans that have "all you can eat data"

Here's the linky

According to 3s terms and conditions you could never use tethering on prepay anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

loopymum wrote: »

I am currently with Meteor but almost out of contract

You get all you can eat data with Three , so there should be no need to tether. And Three will not go gunning for you for tethering on their payg tarriffs unless you really tear the arse out of it. Tesco may also still allow it. They did initially anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You get all you can eat data with Three , so there should be no need to tether. And Three will not go gunning for you for tethering on their payg tarriffs unless you really tear the arse out of it. Tesco may also still allow it. They did initially anyway.

I doubt 3 are just changing the T&Cs for 3Pay and Bill pay for kicks. Their service has seriously slowed down since the AYCED plans, and they really need to do something to reign it in. They would surely have someone in the company who can work out who's tethering or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Three's network was always slow even before AYCE data was introduced so i don't see it being the main problem little bit more investment in the network and more masts around and it won't be so bad, having 1 cell in an area that could have 4-5 VF or o2 3G cells in it isn't good enough at this point.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jay93 wrote: »
    Three's network was always slow even before AYCE data was introduced so i don't see it being the main problem little bit more investment in the network and more masts around and it won't be so bad, having 1 cell in an area that could have 4-5 VF or o2 3G cells in it isn't good enough at this point.

Not even close to how bad it is now. Coincided completely with the rush for AYCED, worse again when they did it on 3Pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

I rooted me G-Phone and now use Barnacle to tether PAYG AYCE on 3. Totally rocks!

Advertisement