Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the new round tower thingie near Aquadome?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi! Can someone please tell me what the nice wooden tower like building is that is clearly visible from the Aquadome roundabout? We visit Dingle alot and didn't notice it until over the christmas hols (could have missed it all winter due to dark evenings on arrival and departure). I've tried googling and asking family and no answer so curiosity has now got the better of me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

This question has been asked before. It's nice to see that thing draw some attention, I think it is due to open around St. Patrick's Day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Henrib wrote: »
    Hi! Can someone please tell me what the nice wooden tower like building is that is clearly visible from the Aquadome roundabout? We visit Dingle alot and didn't notice it until over the christmas hols (could have missed it all winter due to dark evenings on arrival and departure). I've tried googling and asking family and no answer so curiosity has now got the better of me!!

its a viewing tower in the new eco park, due to open in April I think.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭Kerry County Council

http://www.tralee.ie/Wetlands_Overview.pdf[/URL]

Tralee Bay Wetlands Centre is a 10 hectare interactive facility, which allows people to get up close to and learn about the Tralee Bay Nature Reserve. There's bird hides, boats to take a tour around the Centre and a viewing tower. There's also activities there as such as walks, cycleway, and a manmade lake which suitable for light watersports such as pedal boats, canoes etc which will be available to the public to rent.
    It's due to open at the start of April. Currently recruiting staff.

Two quick pictures of progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Thanks for the replies. I have family back west and when I asked them what it was they hadn't even noticed it!! It looks cool, must call in on next trip.

Advertisement