Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starting back running at 40 log

• 22-01-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Hi, not exactly a spring chicken and its been 18 yrs since I've done any sports so now that I'm forty obviously the head tells me that body needs to be 20 again. Am 12.5 stone I think. So I gave up on the excuses 2 weeks ago (#1) and got to lap 3 running around a field close by ... not a whole lot of sweat but the lungs were screaming by the end, and I spent the next hour coughing (non smoker).

But last week (#2) I did 4 laps without the coughing,

This weekend (#3) I changed tack and went to the local all weather 400m track and that was today. First 400m was 2:30 , next 2:22 and 3rd 2.15 stopping for the a break between laps. In the end I managed 1:31 at my fastest pace for 400m.

Anyone else out there testing themselves (kind of) like me after such a gap, any suggestions/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Instead of going out and testing yourself on every run, just build up the time on your feet slowly and easily. Try the couch to 5k plan, loads of people here used it to start running.

Advertisement