Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most implausible movie ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

this is quickly going to turn into a 'worst movie ever' thread, so ill end it early.

Armageddon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Prequels I don't think I have ever really enjoyed any of them.

What is the point of starting a saga when you already know the end.

The 3 star wars prequels were muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

44leto wrote: »
    Prequels I don't think I have ever really enjoyed any of them.

What is the point of starting a saga when you already know the end.

The 3 star wars prequels were muck.

How dare you????

What would the Ewoks say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

efb wrote: »

Reese Witherspoon, two hot guys fighting over her?

This is more implausible than Jurrasic Park

no 1. those 2 guys are not "Hot" Ugh i hate pretty boys. If they had long hair they be hot:D

no 2. whats with the spanish/french italian family guy? and its relevence to the other vid???

ps- J U R A S S I C ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

no 2. whats with the spanish/french italian family guy? and its relevence to the other vid???
    If you watch it to the end, her chin is used to open a vault door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Underdraft wrote: »

You're my favourite customer poster.

The movie where the lad goes to the place and realises he's not a lad.

That one never made any sense to me.

That new Star Trek movie come to think of it. Yeah I know it's sci-fi or whatever but in it you have guy rising from being a first year cadet to being in charge of the entire ship within the space of about an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

That new Star Trek movie come to think of it. Yeah I know it's sci-fi or whatever but in it you have guy rising from being a first year cadet to being in charge of the entire ship within the space of about an hour.
    The fact that
    Spock travels through time and ends up meeting his younger self
    wouldn't be top of your plausibility list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Inception was gash and Debbie didnt do Dallas

MyKeyG wrote: »
    The fact that
    Spock travels through time and ends up meeting his younger self
    wouldn't be top of your plausibility list?

Not really. All that paradox/time-travel guff is fairly well established and accepted within the fictional universe of Star Trek. However the whole chain of command concept and the idea that a Captain has earned his/her rank is taken more seriously by the shows makers and they try to follow a 'realistic' hierarchy (or at least tried to until this movie anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Madagascar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Signs

Aliens invade planet Earth but unfortunately for them they can be killed with water

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Underdraft viewpost.gif

Fecking heresy and if I was a mod I would ban you forever. you are talking about James Tiberius Kirk. I don't understand how that film didn't win 12 oscars.
    I jest but I have to say i loved that film, I am a scifi head and this is star trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Trivia:

You think the story of 'This Means War' is silly enough?
    Its actually based on the classic Spy vs Spy comic strip. Picture to refresh peoples memories.

1 thing comes to mind, why in the hell did Hollywood pay the comic book company for the license? :confused: .. they could of just created the movie they wanted without paying spy vs spy a dime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Teeth.

NEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Harry Potter.... I mean a Ginger that has friends? Pfft. Yeah right.

• Advertisement

Harry Potter.... I mean a Ginger that has friends? Pfft. Yeah right.

Most of his friends are family members and all the cool kids at the school hate him. So they got it fairly right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Not the most implausible ever, but I recently saw a film called Paradox which is about a parallel Earth where magic is the basis for technology and crime solving (although for some reason they have mobile phones which look a lot like the ones we have). In this parallel Earth Winston Churchill is a powerful wizard who is still alive because, as anyone will tell you, wizards live a long time because of the magic inside them.

The Wikipedia page pretty much gives away the entire 'plot' including the ending. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_%28film%29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

'An Inconvenient Truth' by Al Gore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Time Bandits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Fatal Deviation: Not implausable but just a damned disgrace it didnt win an oscar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ghostbusters 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

The never ending story 2: wait..what?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Seanie06

I go with Cowboys and Aliens!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

44 Inch Chest.

Saw it on Film 4 a couple of nights ago, and it seemed to be a bunch of old cockney gangsters calling each other cants for the entire film.

Film 4 were cants for showing it and wasting my facking time.:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Signs

Aliens invade planet Earth but unfortunately for them they can be killed with water
    Just like Triffids so

But most of Hollywood physics , people walking away from car crashes and ejection seats

But stuff like silence of the lambs , most serial killer movies where the killer plays mind games three steps ahead of the police

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Old Boy. The ultimate revenge movie. Obsessive a bit implausible.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

'Sharktopus'

Or

'Octo-saur vs Dino-shark'.

They are so bad they are worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Sunshine: Reigniting the sun with a nuke. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Happy feet 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Day After Tomorrow surely has to be it.

That movie barely made an sense and since we're talking about a Roland Emmerich movie I guess we can lump in 2012, too!

The neutrinos have mutated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Duggy747 wrote: »

The latinos have mutated. And they're heating up the planet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Independence Day, where a technologically advanced civilisation capable of intergalactic travel, is fucked up by a computer virus knocked together by Jeff Goldblum over a coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lord Of The Rings, if it really happened, they'd just fly to Mount Doom on one of those eagles to destroy the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Lord Of The Rings, if it really happened, they'd just fly to Mount Doom on one of those eagles to destroy the ring

They wouldn't. The flying nazgul would get them. Also, the bit Frodo had to go to was INSIDE the mountain so Sauron would have seen them being dropped off, known what they were at, blocked the entrance and sent armies of orcs after them.

What seems MORE implausible about that movie (and book) is that Mount Doom is the ONE place on the entire planet where the ring can be detroyed and while there may be hundreds or thousands of orcs milling around it at a distance all day and night, the inside of the mountain and the entrance is basically unguarded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

LeighH wrote: »
    The latinos have mutated. And they're heating up the planet!

Love Dara O Briain! :D

2012 has to be up there for crappest movie of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

This argument popped up in a thread recently. If I remember correctly (and it's years since I've read the book), but the eagles weren't really arsed with what was happening either way, they only jumped in at the end since they saw that Frodo was worthy of getting a lift back, and they knew what side had won the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

The Unbelievable Truth

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Never saw the film, that is hilarious though

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Independence Day, where a technologically advanced civilisation capable of intergalactic travel, is fucked up by a computer virus knocked together by Jeff Goldblum over a coffee.

Transfered across by a mac of all things.

Star Wars, why didn't Princess Leia just Email the plans of the Death Star to the rebels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The Day after Tomorrow.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298814/

the earth has stopped spinning and we didn't all get thrown off. in fact "birds acting crazy" is the worst disaster
    exploding the centre of the earth will make it start spinning again

I did like the name of the metal used to make the craft in "The Core" onobtainium

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

The result of the Croke Park agreement, mofo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭Daith

Commando is the correct answer

• Advertisement
Advertisement