Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most implausible movie ever

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I'll give ye one. The Dark Knight. How did The Joker know that Batman would go for Rachel instead of Harvey and then know that reverse psychology would work ensuring that Batman mistakenly rescues Harvey.

How did he know that both the cops and Batman would only achieve or miss thier respective targets by merem minutes?

How did The Joker know that Harvey would live but require treatment and that he would be brought ot Gothem General. The amount of explosives required to blow up the hospital would mean planning weeks in advance.

How did The Joker know that Commissioner Gordon would close the bridgers and use the water taxis to ferry everyone off?

How did The Joker know that all the prisoners would be taken off the Island by ferry? there was a chance that they would have been taken out over a bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Teeth A film about a teenage girl who has teeth in her lady parts :D
    Tobey becomes aggressive and shakes Dawn, resulting in her smacking her head on the ground. While she is recovering from disorientation, Tobey takes this as his chance to begin raping her. Dawn fights back and inadvertently bites off his penis with her vagina. Horrified, he stumbles away and she flees the scene.

If that was me, there wouldn't be anything 'inadvertent' about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fight club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

bluewolf wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298814/

the earth has stopped spinning and we didn't all get thrown off. in fact "birds acting crazy" is the worst disaster
    exploding the centre of the earth will make it start spinning again

why would we have been thrown off :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Any of those low budget (less than $1) films on the Sy-Fy channel, eg War of The Worlds 2, where they did such clever things as modify jet-fighters so that they could fly to Mars in about 10 minutes to shoot the crap out of the Martians, or where (for some peculiar reason) the Martians built a replica dusty American town for captured humans to live in, and just in case you weren't fooled, the sky was tinged red to give it that authentic Martian feel.........................

Just remembered this one.

The Hive. Swarms of ants running at about 20kmph and ants who have formed their body into all ant suoer computers. swesome syfy nonsence.

god i miss that channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

44leto wrote: »
    Star Wars, why didn't Princess Leia just Email the plans of the Death Star to the rebels.

A long long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far away.......

It took eircom 9 months to wire my house for a phone line not 10 years ago and I was only 200 feet from the exchange - and that was without broadband. So it would have been easier for me to use a Nilfisk shaped robot to send my electronic documents back then too.

And on topic

The Expendables.....

and I don't doubt

The Expendables 2

why would we have been thrown off :confused:

http://starryskies.com/articles/2003/09/earth.rotation.html

maybe not enough to surpass escape velocity, but we wouldn't be calmly walking around anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

I'll give ye one. The Dark Knight. How did The Joker know that Batman would go for Rachel instead of Harvey and then know that reverse psychology would work ensuring that Batman mistakenly rescues Harvey.

How did he know that both the cops and Batman would only achieve or miss thier respective targets by merem minutes?

How did The Joker know that Harvey would live but require treatment and that he would be brought ot Gothem General. The amount of explosives required to blow up the hospital would mean planning weeks in advance.

How did The Joker know that Commissioner Gordon would close the bridgers and use the water taxis to ferry everyone off?

How did The Joker know that all the prisoners would be taken off the Island by ferry? there was a chance that they would have been taken out over a bridge.

Maybe the scenes in the Movie were really weeks/months apart from each other?

(Jesus, I am close to taking your funny post serious) Joker had guys on the inside with the cops, remember. He probably had it well planned. It might have been crazy, but he was smart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298814/

the earth has stopped spinning and we didn't all get thrown off. in fact "birds acting crazy" is the worst disaster
    exploding the centre of the earth will make it start spinning again

The Earth didn't stop spinning.....just the core.

THall04 wrote: »
    The Earth didn't stop spinning.....just the core.

okay, vaporise the oceans instead. it's still bad physics is all

http://starryskies.com/articles/2003/09/earth.rotation.html

maybe not enough to surpass escape velocity, but we wouldn't be calmly walking around anyway

ah. I thought you were saying gravity was related to spinning as ive heard that before from some people. lol, did the earth just stop spinning all of a sudden in that film?

ah. I thought you were saying gravity was related to spinning as ive heard that before from some people. lol, did the earth just stop spinning all of a sudden in that film?

the core apparently
    from what i remember
    i think it was supposed to be sudden, so either way, it would have a tad more effect than "the birds are acting crazy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

The Passion of the Christ ;)
    Yawn.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Originally Posted by ScienceNerd viewpost.gif
    The Passion of the Christ wink.gif

I thought that was good, a film about sadomasochism and bondage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Face/Off.

Great show though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

oh I remember the knowing now. Oh yeah, that was bollocks. There were rabbits in it for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Daith wrote: »
    Commando is the correct answer
    Sin! Blasphemy! GOD IS ANGRY WITH YOU :mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

You people in this thread have serious bad taste in bad implausible movies when I think of a fictional movie they are all implausible, with the exception of any Star trek films or series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Lady in the Water

Brownian Movement

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

Blitz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

Ultraviolet. Milla Jovovich must have just done it for the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Underdraft wrote: »
    That new Star Trek movie come to think of it. Yeah I know it's sci-fi or whatever but in it you have guy rising from being a first year cadet to being in charge of the entire ship within the space of about an hour.

Actually he was at the academy for 3 years before he gets to be in charge of a ship.

I know, I know... I am a nerd :P

Advertisement