Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Wall Chargers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Extension lead with usb ports from Argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&productId=200784

currently €9.99 so not bad, plus added bonus of an actual extension lead too! Will it do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the suggestion but it's actually just the plug I'm looking for itself as opposed to a whole socket as I'll need to take it places with me etc so needs to be quite compact :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

That eBay one for £10 is actually really good, pulls good power.

No point in plugging a €600 phone into a €2 charger ;-)

Yeah, I might just go with that one, looks decent enough, I just hope it doesn't do the thing where it thinks the two devices are connected to eachother!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion but it's actually just the plug I'm looking for itself as opposed to a whole socket as I'll need to take it places with me etc so needs to be quite compact :)

Yeah sorry that possibility only occurred to me today! Great idea really, I always carry usb cables with mini and micro with me for the variety of devices that I use as generally everyone has a computer with usb. But an actual socket with usb points is also a useful thing.

• Advertisement

That one I linked to is cheaper if bought from their own site, got 2 delivered for £18.50

http://www.portablepowersupplies.co.uk/dual-usb-wall-charger/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Here's one for under a fiver, if you're not in a hurry?

Thanks for that but I'd already ordered the other ones. I'm not sure if the power on that one is as good as the one I ordered though?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maireadley

Hi all
    Just a word of warning. My sister bought a charger for iPhone (wall charger) from Ebay. Basically it blew the power in the apartment one night whilst we were asleep. Thankfully iPhone not plugged in at the time but basically the part where USB connects to plug was melted, smell was awful. Be so careful when ordering from China. The goods may seem cheap and this item was a replica Apple Charger but sub standard materials!
    Always plug them out!

Advertisement