Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everybody going to college??

• 23-01-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

As the title says, 'Is everybody going to college'?
    It seems to me that nearly everybody is, while I'm still uncertain myself as to what I'm going to do after the big LC, and I'm in 6th year atm, crazy I know eh?!
    So is there anyone out there not going to college, going traveling, obtaining a trade, PLC's, or working instead?

Please do tell!

or maybe waiting for the next recruitment drive for An GArda Siochanna :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

There's not a whole lot to choose from other than college tbh. Apprenticeships are impossible to come across unless you know someone in a trade. Work isn't a definite, people coming out of college with degrees are struggling to find employment so it makes you wonder what chances you'd stand.

I'd pressume the majority of people sitting their LC in 2012 will go on to third level education of some sort whether it be in university or even a PLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cobwebs

The Leaving Cert in itself is a qualification. Many, many people go straight into employment from secondary school. A lot of employers will recruit leaving cert students. When you are in a job you can continue your education and training at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SJPK

cool, so do many know what they hope to do next year?

cobwebs wrote: »
    ............ A lot of employers will recruit leaving cert students. .............
    True, not a lot of employers recruiting folk fresh from school these days though.

Advertisement