If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp query

Options
  • 23-01-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi guys I need some help finding the right amp

I have a pioneer vsx405 which has a blown secondary transformer so I want to upgrade everything.

Im buying a samsung led tv and want either 5.1 or 7.1 etc
    I need one which has a built in tuner fm and dab would be great
    I want to connect my pc to it as well as my android phone and another special reciever (that has a 3.5mm jack but I have the lead from that to plugs)
    Most of the things I see are all apple orientated to be used with Ipads and I phones.
    I want one that has android support like the tv can be controlled from my galaxy ace Im going to spend a few euros on the right one but once theres nothing with a half eaten piece of fruit near it!!

Any help would be appretiated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Molloys,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Sorry to hear about the Pioneer. But sure out with the old and in with the new. :)

First amp that pops to mind would be the Denon AVR2312 currently priced at £479.95.

It has both FM and AM radio, also has internet radio too. No DAB though. To access internet radio you need to have the Denon hard wired into your router via a ethernet cable. This also gives you access to Last FM and Napster.

This also comes with Apple Airplay (should have got an Iphone :p) this allows you to stream from Itunes, Ipod, Ipad and Iphone. Handy if you know anyone with a Apple product who might be round.

For connecting your phone up you can use the audio ports on the front of the amp. You can use your current 3.5 to 2 phono cable for this. :)

There is also an app available on both Android and Apple to work the Denon amp. Matt who works here in store uses it on his Samsung Galaxy for his ancient Denon amp and it works a treat.

All in all a fantastic amp and a killer price as well. Does have a lot of Apple features but still meets the needs for Android users.

Check the link below for some more info on the amp:

http://denon.co.uk/UK/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?CatId=HomeTheatre&SubId=AVReceivers&ProductId=AVR2312

Let me know what you think. Also if you have any questions just let me know. :) We have a small amount of these left in stock and ready to ship.

Oh and forgot to mention it''s 7.1.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 14 headonyou

Hi Dave,

I would be interested in this AMP. Also looking at a TV you quoted in another thread: http://www.richersounds.com/product/...0t/lg-47lv550t

Can you do me a deal for the two? Would be looking for a set of speakers too.

Happy to consider ex display if in good condition.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

I Was looking at a pioneer vsx1020-k
    Do you have those in stock? I can bluetooth music from the phone without cables : ) But yea your right I should have got an Iphone no turning back now though!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I Was looking at a pioneer vsx1020-k
    Do you have those in stock? I can bluetooth music from the phone without cables : ) But yea your right I should have got an Iphone no turning back now though!

Hi Molloy,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately we don't have any of these amps left, been out of action for a while now. :(

We can get our paws on the Pioneer VSX2021 though. Our current price on this is £599.95. Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx2021/pion-vsx2021-blk

Let me know what ya think. :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Thats the one for me
    Now for the tricky part do you do delievery to Dublin or is it available south of the border?
    I dont drive so getting to the north is an issue My dad knows one of the guys who worked in Dublin in the old shop and that there was busses that brought people up on a saturday do they still run?

and one more thing If Im spending this much on an amp it would be a waste with the speakers im running now anything super cool and unusal out there trying to go for a sleek ultramodern look.

Thanks again
    Andy

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Molloys Clondalkin.

We do indeed ship to the South. Delviery on an amp like the VSX2012 would just be the standard £12.99 via DPD.

Just on the Buses, There are buses that run from Dublin to Belfast several times a day everyday ;)

I would need to double check on Monday how quickly I could get one delivered to you.

In the mean time if you PM your name and address I can get the oder started.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.