Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

milk quota for sale ?

• 23-01-2012 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I was talking to my uncle tonight he has about 40k of milk quota with arrabawn and he said he's wondering should he exit dairy farming. Quota made 34c a litre there in last exchange he' approaching 60 years of age and sons not really interested at the moment. I would find it hard to advise him he has been at it since he was 17 and he doesent know what kind of farming he would change too. What do ye think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

red bull wrote: »
    I was talking to my uncle tonight he has about 40k of milk quota with arrabawn and he said he's wondering should he exit dairy farming. Quota made 34c a litre there in last exchange he' approaching 60 years of age and sons not really interested at the moment. I would find it hard to advise him he has been at it since he was 17 and he doesent know what kind of farming he would change too. What do ye think ?
    he could rear dairy heifers under contract,something he knows about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Will this be the last chance to sell quota

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

SELL

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

red bull wrote: »
    Will this be the last chance to sell quota
    he has 3 more years to sell it, i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

PMU wrote: »
    he has 3 more years to sell it, i think!

That would be good news for him he is of the impression that this is the last quota exchange and applications must be in by Friday. Its a very big decision for him to take so hopefully he has more time to think of his future and discuss with his sons Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭limerick farmer

was at a co-op meeting there lately and they were advising farmers not to pay too much for quota as there were only a couple of years left and they would be taking milk from non milk supplying share holders in 2015.This wasnt arrabawn though but it should put a dampner on quota price

Advertisement