Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless speaker adaptor, cost effective.

• 23-01-2012 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

I have a set up that i am happy with in one room. I have a media PC, NAS box and a panasonic VSx amp all on the same NW.

I can control all the devices using apps on my android phone/tablet.
    I can select a song, or playlist from my phone over wifi and fully control the PC using winremote.

It's all good enough for me.

My Amp has a basic app too, i can adjust the volume and change the inputs and zones etc.
    My amp can have up to three zones, I'm using just 1. I have a spare sent of speaker terminals at the back I can use

I'd like to use a second stereo zone currently not wired up, I have two nice monitor bookshelf speakers that I'd like to connect up in my kitchen (next to the amp room)

There are no cables for this. Can anyone recommend something cost effective (not sonos) way to connect the two stereo speaker speakers via a wireless arrangement. I have all the technology to control them just no cable. I will be able to get power to the new speaker locations so I could power up the wireless receivers.

I'd like something that people experienced working, i have seen options but i don't want to spend money on something that wont work all the time and I think this solution has the potential to be temperamental.
    I was just looking for a way to get the most of what i have and get multi room functionality from it without spending 1000 euro on something like sonos, great and all as it looks, I actually have a lot of the tec functions already, I just need the seamless wifi stereo transmission.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you have an attic, run speaker cables up to it and to the next room. That would be option A.

Option B would involve a converter to drop the speaker terminal voltage to line level then feed that to a wirelass transmitter. At the other end you will need the wireless receiver and an amp to boost the output of that to drive the speakers if they aren't active. Amp would need a volume control.

Option C would be something like B, except bypassing the amp and getting an Apple airport express for the kitchen and an amp with the music coming straight from the PC via iTunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If I had an attic I'd have the cables in ages ago :)

I would rather go for the Sonas option than Apple. I have the facility but don't run itunes anywhere on my nas or any PC i own, so that's apple out of the question.

I have a nice but old NAD stereo Amp that I could use in the kitchen and my wife has various apple products that could be linked to that, but I'd like to have it on the one system.

I was hoping for a method that would allow me to maintain control over the volume of the zone using the application on my phone Panasonic application, that would be a direct audio sender, something like this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-3-5mm-RCA-2-4GHz-Wireless-Speaker-HiFi-Audio-Adapter-Transmitter-GIFT-/260887439278?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3cbe1a67ae#ht_11267wt_905

but that someone has seen working, the speakers i have are not active and would need juice at their end, maybe such a device is not available, I'm assuming that the device i linked to would not have the power to move the coil in my speakers sufficiently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Advertisement