Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright with Music

Options
  • 23-01-2012 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hello there,

I have just made my first video but I'm wondering what way can i put it up online without being done for copyright theft or whatever the jargon is?

I have music playing in the background and thats what i would be worried about.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hello there,

I have just made my first video but I'm wondering what way can i put it up online without being done for copyright theft or whatever the jargon is?

I have music playing in the background and thats what i would be worried about.

Cheers

Is this music a major part of the content? If it isn't you can use software to swap the audio in the video for something that isn't copyrighted, plenty of background music/audio on the internet if you search for it. If it's YouTube you're referring to, they have their own built in software called audioswap to help you with this matter.

If the music is a major part then I can't help you, perhaps stating in the video information that the copyright belongs to whoever and something like 'All rights reserved' may help but I'm not certain. Good luck with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

DaLad wrote: »
    Is this music a major part of the content? If it isn't you can use software to swap the audio in the video for something that isn't copyrighted, plenty of background music/audio on the internet if you search for it. If it's YouTube you're referring to, they have their own built in software called audioswap to help you with this matter.

If the music is a major part then I can't help you, perhaps stating in the video information that the copyright belongs to whoever and something like 'All rights reserved' may help but I'm not certain. Good luck with it anyway!

Thanks for that. I might look into the audio swap, The music is just background music, but I have seen others put up videos and have the audio taken from it due to copyright.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

if its just for youtube, before you start your project u should upload the songs first to see if its taken down.if not you can use them.

I think if you uise less than 60 seconds of the tune youre ok.

Advertisement