Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do small businesses source web design?

Options
  • 23-01-2012 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Where do you source web design and development? In Ireland or abroad?

Also, just out of interest, how much are you willing to pay for a basic 10 page presentation website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

My suggestion would be to head over to joomla and download that cms - then search for joomla templates - thousands out there.

As a matter of interest - what business line is the site for?

C

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Theres a section on boards where you can advertise to web designers saying your looking for a new site. I did it a few weeks ago and gota load of replies from developers. Just given the job to one of the lads from there. Look at the top of the business page and theres a section on websites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I happened across a Galway based web design company through chatting to someone else, they offered a very affordable price and were brilliant to deal with, my website is exactly what I needed and they are always helpful if I need any advice about running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭07734

when i was redesigning our website, i emailed absolutely everyone i could find after a few hours on google.

i shortlisted the ones who replied within 48 hours, and took it from there. in the end, two made appointment to come and see me, both quoted at about the same price, i went with the one who i felt was more likely to be there after they had been paid! (there is always something with a website, it's great if you can find someone who will help and do the occasional bit of maintenance)

i am extremely pleased with the site and with their service. i don't want to post it in case it seems i'm shilling, so pm if you want their details

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Finding someone via referrals is a good bet. Also look for testimonials on a providers website.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Ehhh......I think reading his post a few times that he is actually doing some market research so that he can pitch himself as a web designer.

Could be wrong but Thats how I read it.

Advertisement