Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Auctions in Donegal??

Options
  • 23-01-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are Garda auctions in Letterkenny of the surrounding area or is everything shipped to Auctions down in Dublin? (I seen some ads and notices for auctions down there)

And if they do have them up here are they as varied as down there (binoculars to bikes as the blurb said) or are they crap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

If you watch the local papers, from time to time you will see a list of cars for disposal at various garda stations. You can make an appointment to view them and I think you just make an offer i.e. no auction.

In terms of a varied auction I haven't heard of one up this end of the country.
    Probably worth ringing a local garda station and asking. They can be incredibly helpful over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah if you can reach them!

cheers for that though would be interesting to see what exactly is sold and for how much it would go for! Never know what you might get!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

yourpics wrote: »
    If you watch the local papers, from time to time you will see a list of cars for disposal at various garda stations. You can make an appointment to view them and I think you just make an offer i.e. no auction.

In terms of a varied auction I haven't heard of one up this end of the country.
    Probably worth ringing a local garda station and asking. They can be incredibly helpful over the phone.

more info please.

how often?
    advertised where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

more info please.

how often?
    advertised where?

Donegal Democrat and other local papers. Check the small ads page.

As regards how often, I am not sure but you do see it from time to time. Not sure if it occurs at regular intervals or just randomly. I haven't studied the pattern!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Merlin auctions have a garda stock sale planned. In Dublin though (4th Feb i think)... Sorry I have no info on any Local Sale. Loads of Bikes in the stock list on the Merlin Website

• Advertisement
Advertisement