Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Posted the gif of this elsewhere but:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Dartz wrote: »

WTF? Where was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

WTF? Where was that?

Unfortunately I think it's the Limerick ring road :eek::o:o
    We are not all that stupid I promise.

Scratch that I think hope I might be wrong. Will have to go for a drive tomorrow evening.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

WTF? Where was that?

Have no idea.

But he's doing motorway speeds on two tyres. I only found it through a .gif from reddit, and I searched for the original video.

Don't know more beyond what you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

This video is double funny for me, as I don't think I've ever heard anyone swearing that much in such a short period of time.
    Video is 27 seconds, and I counted 12 swearwords.

Below are subtitles ;) Use google translate if you wish.
    -Przyśpiesz trochę.
    -Przejebane, co nie?
    -Ale kurwa
    - Kurwa chłopie co ty odpierdalasz? Ty
    -Ja pierdole
    -Zajebiście kurwa.
    -Ja pierdole, co on pierdoli?
    -Chuj strzeli
    -Ja pierdole.
    -Przejebany kurwa, co nie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Police Drag Race near Stockholm:

This is f*cking insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Someone's just discovered mastermilo's channel I see :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Unfortunately, BMW specified that there was to be no drifting.

^^^^^
    Those foglights, I can't put my finger on it.... Reminds me of this :p

Haha, yeah I'm not gone on the styling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Senna driving an NSX

Now there is a driving God!
    Even with those ridiculous slippers and white socks!:eek:
    Today's F1 drivers are little girls compared to him. OK, not Raikkonen, he is Ok in my book.:D

http://kimiraikkonenspace.com/2012/10/18/33-classic-kimi-quotes/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Senna driving an NSX

This is a fantastic vid.

Amazing driver.

Now there is a driving God!
    Even with those ridiculous slippers and white socks!:eek:
    Today's F1 drivers are little girls compared to him. OK, not Raikkonen, he is Ok in my book.:D

http://kimiraikkonenspace.com/2012/10/18/33-classic-kimi-quotes/

I watched nearly every race and qualifying for near 10 years. The day the two mcclarens won the opener in melbourne was one of the last I watched. Tuned in to the end of a race the other day, absolute madness. First time seeing that catch-up boost thing. It's gas but makes a joke off it really that they need that to overtake and make it interesting. I don't think I'll watch it again until they completely losse the ABS, traction control and all that. Nonsense that it's used in motorsport at all . How are you supposed to outbrake a computer. Jaysis, your man vettel is one dry ****e.

• Advertisement

I watched nearly every race and qualifying for near 10 years. The day the two mcclarens won the opener in melbourne was one of the last I watched. Tuned in to the end of a race the other day, absolute madness. First time seeing that catch-up boost thing. It's gas but makes a joke off it really that they need that to overtake and make it interesting. I don't think I'll watch it again until they completely losse the ABS, traction control and all that. Nonsense that it's used in motorsport at all . How are you supposed to outbrake a computer. Jaysis, your man vettel is one dry ****e.

They actually did get rid of most of the trickery, and traction control is gone for 2 years now (or more?) and those hateful grooved tires.
    Actually not too bad right now.
    It will be those leeching, robbin' bastids at Sky that kill F1 in the end, when it's just on pay per view, meaning us plebs can't watch it and quite frankly aren't welcome to.
    So like most sports, it be be by people with money for people with money and anyone else is welcome to kick a can around but can otherwise fcuk right off.
    I don't know what sadder, that most sports is on subscription only or that people are falling over themselves with their tongues hanging out to give Sky more money.
    I am contractually obliged to like Vettel, he comes from the same town as me.:D

They actually did get rid of most of the trickery, and traction control is gone for 2 years now (or more?) and those hateful grooved tires.

Might start watching it again whenever I the saorview fairy comes around. Just realised(no you didn't, you googled it!) that hakinnen Coulthard 1-2 was in 1998 :eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Think you have yourself very mixed up. Back in the glory days of F1 as you are harking on about ABS, traction control and active ride height were all legal.

These haven't been in F1 for nearly 20 years.
    DRS or the catch boost thing is a necessity these days due to the extremely complex wing and aero packages that the car are designed around. This makes it nearly impossible to follow behind the lead car due to the wake or dirty air emitted.

Anyway back on topic, its a great Senna video and I'm glad the NSX was around as a reminder of his supreme talent.

ongarite wrote: »
    Think you have yourself very mixed up. Back in the glory days of F1 as you are harking on about ABS, traction control and active ride height were all legal.

These haven't been in F1 for nearly 20 years.
    DRS or the catch boost thing is a necessity these days due to the extremely complex wing and aero packages that the car are designed around. This makes it nearly impossible to follow behind the lead car due to the wake or dirty air emitted.

Anyway back on topic, its a great Senna video and I'm glad the NSX was around as a reminder of his supreme talent.

I'm not saying it was the glory days. There was an awful alot of stuff wrong with it back then too. I just enjoyed watching it. I thought it got boring for a while. Mainly in the lacque of competition between 98-04. Yes the cars in the late 80's early 90's had all the aids but they were mental cars back then, they needed it. In 94 they took all driving aids away but didn't change the power or safety of the cars.

Posted these before, pretty cool.

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqfVAGOaGEc

Don't know why but I find these old Volgas rather fascinating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

• Advertisement

Bullseye, nailed the sucker! :D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

On the Senna subject, Honda have released a pretty cool light and sound tribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

Tuned in to the end of a race the other day, absolute madness. First time seeing that catch-up boost thing. It's gas but makes a joke off it really that they need that to overtake and make it interesting. I don't think I'll watch it again until they completely losse the ABS, traction control and all that. Nonsense that it's used in motorsport at all . How are you supposed to outbrake a computer. Jaysis, your man vettel is one dry ****e.

So whats your brilliant solution then?

Race cars have had boost buttons for years, formula palmer audi being the series that immediately springs to mind. F1 needed something to get it out of processional racing, drs is a great idea and the technology is making its way to road cars now as is Kers. Don't see why a hybrid system is a "joke" seeing as its totally relevant to the cars of today and will become crucial in the future. There is so much more to formula one than just the racing. For years F1 has been at the pinnacle of technology, the fastest most advanced racing machines in the world.

How many lives across the world has traction control saved since williams came up with it, BUT SURE THATS JUST "NONSENSE"!

F1 is what it is, no point in giving out because its too high tech when its the very nature of the sport. If you want to watch drivers racing each other in an even race just watch one of the many single make series across the world.

Also, on what planet is vettel a dry ****e. He is always messing, getting drunk at awards shows and ruining other drivers interviews! If thats the case suppose kimi riakkonen is a dry ****e too!

• Advertisement

^^^^
    Jesus dude, chillax.
    And Vettel is a bit of a goody two shoes. And you can't call Kimi a dry****e. Not unless you can drink him under the table. Which you can't.:D

^^^^
    Jesus dude, chillax.
    And Vettel is a bit of a goody two shoes. And you can't call Kimi a dry****e. Not unless you can drink him under the table. Which you can't.:D

Ì didnt, re read my post

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭phelant

It will be those leeching, robbin' bastids at Sky that kill F1 in the end, when it's just on pay per view, meaning us plebs can't watch it and quite frankly aren't welcome to.
    So like most sports, it be be by people with money for people with money and anyone else is welcome to kick a can around but can otherwise fcuk right off.
    I don't know what sadder, that most sports is on subscription only or that people are falling over themselves with their tongues hanging out to give Sky more money.
    I am contractually obliged to like Vettel, he comes from the same town as me.:D

This.

Bus Crash, check out the two guys at 12 seconds.....'this is my stop'

^^^^ I don't think there were enough replays in that video

guyfo wrote: »
    So whats your brilliant solution then?

Space savers :D

Space savers :D

Nah sure they tried that with the pirellis :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

shedweller wrote: »

You can't see private videos unless you're subscribed to the uploader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Wasn't private earlier, I watched it.

Traffic jam at the Nurburgring (jump to about 6:13)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Veloce wrote: »
    Traffic jam at the Nurburgring (jump to about 6:13)

Pretty impressive on board display system on that.

What was the cause of that queue I wonder..
    They should have some kind of warning light system at each corner to put people into yellow flag no overtaking mode sooner, the guy waving the flag seemed a bit close to the end of the queue for my liking, unless I missed another one.

I wonder who started the bonnet opening craze. Probably some guy with a genuine reason, then they all started copying him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

phelant wrote: »
    This.
    Bus Crash, check out the two guys at 12 seconds.....'this is my stop'

Of course in Ireland we would have people jumping onto the bus after the crash to get a nice claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Korean woman fails driving test in less than 10s

kaimera wrote: »
    Korean woman fails driving test in less than 10s

Heh it happens.

Here's the one from Poland.

I love the examiner running behind the car.
    Also lady says something like that: "What happend? Jesus Christ, what happend??? Everything seemed allright so far"
    I'd say she must have mistaken brake with accelerator.

^^^ ahahaha. Well ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

This is crazy, flying truck and trailer :eek:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48e_1375423927

Youtube link

Someone snoozing at the wheel it seems.

That thing was going fast enough to hang two metres or more in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bally2009

That thing was going fast enough to hang two metres or more in the air.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/state/indiana/WATCH-Semi-goes-airborne-on-I-74-near-Greensburg-bursts-into-flames

This explains it quiet well. He was forced off the road when another driver drifted into his lane. The driver and his 7 y/o son are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

That's exactly what I though, but it seems bally2009 has the scoop. Amazing there are no back injuries, I guess high speed and decent (unplanned) trajectory comes in to play.

Advertisement