Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

Finnish snow rally, night time stage crash, dashcam view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

A quick teaser :)

Ladies and gentlemen...

The Judd V8...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Pique wrote: »
    Finnish snow rally, night time stage crash, dashcam view.

Fcuk me! How did that dipsh*t get on a rally stage?
    I bet he went complaining to the police "yer wan was driving like a lunatic, gard!" (Or local equivalent). I wonder how these things are handled.

Fcuk me! How did that dipsh*t get on a rally stage?
    I bet he went complaining to the police "yer wan was driving like a lunatic, gard!" (Or local equivalent). I wonder how these things are handled.

Happens too often Dr. F!
    If you do a bit of youtubing you'll find them meeting tractors, loaders, cars, herds being moved etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Amazingly this is "all" that happened to him.

"He sustained a badly broken left arm, two bone fractures in his back, a dislocated knee and ligament damage, bruising to his lungs and a hairline fracture to his pelvis in the spill"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Couldn't stop laughing at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Damn, I was just coming here to post that petrol cap video.

She's going places... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Great win:eek:

That Reliant video... I can't even...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

yesterdays Cars and Coffee Dublin meet from a birds eye view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Very different view of the c&c meet,very good. Bit of nostalgia there with the "look up its Aer Lingus" ad ringing in my head.:)

Right this is getting too much, this is still the friend working his way through making the skit Cannonball documentary, only days from being finished now.

It's actually insane how like tv quality the final cut is.
    I reckon I'd go to the cinema to watch this :D

One last trailer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Am I gone mad or is that a RWD polo?

• Advertisement

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Am I gone mad or is that a RWD polo?

You are correct but it's not ours, we used footage from all over the place, about half is ours.
    Got permission etc so its all good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

What the hell was this fella at? :confused:

Defo a brown trouser moment there. I like the way he slinked off afterwards. Lucky he didn't do some serious damage to his car or somebody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

No counter steer whatsoever. Should've spent some money on learning how to drive the bloody thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Caliden wrote: »
    No counter steer whatsoever. Should've spent some money on learning how to drive the bloody thing.

He gave a little flick but not the armful it deserved. Would have done no harm to remove his foot from the throttle and use the brake too.

The power and the ability weren't on the same page:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Anyone notice the bits hanging off the front right suspension before he drove off !!

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

ZENER wrote: »
    Anyone notice the bits hanging off the front right suspension before he drove off !!

Ken

Was only a splitter , but I'm sure there was substantial suspension damage , gobs1te couldn't even press the brake pedal hard :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

I know it's not right to see a nice car fcuked like that, but gaddamn, it was in a straight line and he still couldn't hold it so...

Bigus wrote: »
    Was only a splitter , but I'm sure there was substantial suspension damage , gobs1te couldn't even press the brake pedal hard :eek:

don't forget having 4 alloy wheels straightened. And not sure how those tires fared...
    Drifting, you're doing it wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Here's a quote from the driver:
    Hey guys,

It was my car that was involved and a mistake was made. There were no intentions of doing anything out of the norm. In fact, you'll notice in the video that the car was going very slowly in front of the crowd. This was intentional because we've all watched too many YouTube videos of this sort of thing happening and wanted to make sure that nobody would get hurt should anything unexpected happen. Once the car was past the crowd the accelerator was pushed in a straight-line as I have done many times in the past when the rear snapped violently. The car was going ~30mph at that time. The car has been driven for 4700 miles and has been driven with DSC off many times including in the rain and never has the car snapped so violently just from accelerating. I chalk it up to several factors including cold temps (low 40s), cold tires and incorrect psi (more on that later) and of course driver error. More judicious use of the throttle should have been exercised. MDM mode was not used because MDM is too quick to intervene and cuts power prematurely (or maybe not).

Usually when the rear breaks loose, it does so progressively and steering correction will suffice. However, you can see in the video that the front tires are turned slightly to the right indicating opposite lock was put on the steering trying to prevent the car from doing a complete 180 however there wasn't enough real estate to counter how violently it snapped - though admittedty the gravity of the snap required immediate full oppo lock which was misread. I'm not sure why some are saying that no steering input was made because it was - one could argue it should have been sooner but again usually a little wiggle just takes small steering input and power through not a full-on immediate opposite lock as was needed in such a big snap - to me it actually seemed like it was happening in slow-mo although the vid makes it seem like it happened so fast. As the car started to correct it became apparent that there was no way out except over the curb which is where I put on the brakes and tried to straightline the curb as much as possible to avoid hitting the curb at an angle which would cause a lot of damage and potentiality flip/roll the car.

I've driven many high hp rwd cars including vipers, porsches, corvettes, and formula cars and I've graduated from formula racing schools and have years of training in advanced car control and plenty of track time. Heck I remember day one of Formula school, half of the first day was spent on the skid pad learning how to keep a car from spinning if you lose traction. Maybe I need a refresher since it's been awhile and I've been driving AWD Audis for the past few years. Some of those other RWD cars I mentioned will snap fiercely and you have to be on extremely high alert, however my experience with the M4 has been that it tends to not snap so viciously in a straight line - but this time I was wrong. I would caution anyone thinking that it can't happen to them (count me as previously one of those) that anyone can make a mistake. I'm thankful that nobody was injured from such a mistake. Surprisingly, the car seems to be driving just fine with the only damage being the right plastic guard underneath the bumper which can be seen in the video. Surprising I know.

I mentioned earlier that I had incorrect PSI - let me explain. My PSI was low, so I inflated it a bit with a pump with an analog tire guage which of course is very imprecise compared to a digital gauge. I noticed that my right tire pressure was 1.5psi off of my left when viewing the PSI from the BMW onboard digital gauge (you can only do this while driving). However, as my car had been pulling to the right from day 1 of delivery (there's a big thread of many complaining about that on these forums). Miraculously, the car drifted to the right to a lesser extent with the right tire PSI being slightly higher than the left and so I was playing around with the idea of keeping it that way for a short time- however I knew that I needed to put the PSI equally across both tires but I just failed to do that before going to the meet. I have no idea if unequal PSI left to right contributed to the right rear spinning so differently than the left.

Anyways, I know I'll be ridiculed and called an idiot (and rightfully so) but I think many of you also know that I didn't do anything intentionally out of the ordinary or unsafe. I'm not sure I was even trying to show off as acceleration happened when the car was past the crowd and it's not like a powerslide or burnout or anything of that sort occurred.

I also think the M4 is a fine car and I have no complaints about the amount of power or torque or tire width or grip or anything. In fact, the whole reason I got the M4 is because it's not AWD and I like the rear moving around a bit. Mistakes happen and I've learned a lesson - and from now on will keep DSC on when driving around because there's too much at stake to make a mistake while driving - no matter how good or bad of a driver you are. Thanks for hearing me out. It certainly has been a humbling experience.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1075458&page=3

Feckin' BMW drivers!

• Advertisement

Hahahaha! Textbook racing driver's excuses.
    Next he'll be blaming the color of the tarmac. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

That 3rd paragraph is cringe. Nobody would lie on the internet surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Did he list what was broken on the car after that?

doh, he did.... bottom 3rd paragraph ...... pure **** that only a bit of plastic was damaged

BigEejit wrote: »
    Did he list what was broken on the car after that?

doh, he did.... bottom 3rd paragraph ...... pure **** that only a bit of plastic was damaged

I dare say those alloys aren't round anymore and the tracking could well be a tad off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I dare say those alloys aren't round anymore and the tracking could well be a tad off.

I bet if he went and got it put on a lift and properly inspected there would be a number of things that weren't right. A shame really. And the amount of videos I've seen of such events which end in the same (or worse...) results is ludicrous. I'd be leaving a place like that like a granny, even if I was driving a Veyron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Nice footage from RTE Archives of 1985.

Some cars I'd totally forgotten about!

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2015/0115/672875-snow-and-hazardous-conditions-1985/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

renofan wrote: »

Great footage! One thing i couldn't help but notice EVERY car has every window clear with 100% visability, you just don't see that these days not only during snow but on any frosty day - the standard of driving 'cop on' has gone down in this country.

Very angry man Destroying his car completely: http://youtu.be/2AkoHH7gxlA

Very angry man Destroying his car completely: http://youtu.be/2AkoHH7gxlA

Too bad it isn't "real".

GvidoR wrote: »
    Too bad it isn't "real".

It had me going for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

renofan wrote: »

Funny how there is no panic at all in this footage. Everyone gets on, some are in trouble but the tone of the journalist calms it all down.

Today, 30 years later, when we are all well prepared for the worst, when we seen it all, all we hear is red alerts / stay at home / disaster messages combined with press publishing articles like " Snow - How To Survive" and "Terror On Roads".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

wonski wrote: »
    Funny how there is no panic at all in this footage. Everyone gets on, some are in trouble but the tone of the journalist calms it all down.

Today, 30 years later, when we are all well prepared for the worst, when we seen it all, all we hear is red alerts / stay at home / disaster messages combined with press publishing articles like " Snow - How To Survive" and "Terror On Roads".

The war on snow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Some speed and commitment from him, especially when you consider his physical limitations.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement