Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Shane_ef wrote: »
    The ring can be a dangerous place for those that don't respect it

After - https://youtu.be/GyI7U4beh8A?t=8m6s

Holy fook that's nuts!

I wonder how the occupants faired? I'm surprised the car held up as well as it did. That was some crash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Someway to cross the finish line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

"Control" on the side of the car is apt :)

This guy has the balance of that car sussed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

YbFocus wrote: »
    This guy has the balance of that car sussed!

looks like brown trousers at 2.50. Whats the noise thar crops just before then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Interslice wrote: »
    looks like brown trousers at 2.50. Whats the noise thar crops just before then?

Sounds like a tyre got shredded

Yeah it's when a full groove breaks off the tyre when drifting. It hits the arch, usually breaks off quick.
    That's the main reason he done the donut, that usually finishes them!

DSCF1439.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Another camera angle of this crash

It's amazing how small of a touch causes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Bit of a step to get out of his car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

What an epic build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

This is what a 2-stroke V8 (drag racer) sounds like.

Paul Bailey crashing his Porsche 918 Spyder into the crowd.
    Shockingly bad organisation by whoever arranged the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The capability of the car far outweighs the ability of the monkey in the driving seat..!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    LOOK at this knob!!
    The capability of the car far outweighs the ability of the monkey in the driving seat..!

Did he not do quite well considering it looked like that car pulled out in front of him from the road on the left? I probably would have slid into the other car on my roof!

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Did he not do quite well considering it looked like that car pulled out in front of him from the road on the left? I probably would have slid into the other car on my roof!

Agreed, those were some damn fine reactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Didn't look to me like that car pulled out in front of him. He was playing to the camera and his mate. Look how fast I can drive !

• Advertisement

Didn't look to me like that car pulled out in front of him. He was playing to the camera and his mate. Look how fast I can drive !

His 'mate' was the rep from the dealership who was along on the test drive the driver was taking it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Something a little different. Still massive want, but I'm not sure how well it will be received:

Edit: And in case you wanted to know what it sounds like doing a burnout or the quarter mile:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Its mostly just trivia but the first fact is very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Coppied from random video thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Driver Damien Flack received some broken ribs and a punctured lung from this in Bathurst this weekend, with the reputation that Bathurst has, he's a very lucky chap.

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Lovely, undertaking trucks on the hard shoulder at 300 km/h. Responsible riding right there...
    Let's hope he hits a concrete pillar and not some other unfortunate who got in the way.

Lovely, undertaking trucks on the hard shoulder at 300 km/h. Responsible riding right there...
    Let's hope he hits a concrete pillar and not some other unfortunate who got in the way.

A bit harsh. Lets hope he doesn't hit anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

RustyNut wrote: »
    A bit harsh. Lets hope he doesn't hit anything.

That would be my first preference. But how long you think he can get away with this?
    Weaving around traffic at 300, your luck will only hold so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Show this to any boy racers/drug drivers that you know, might get them to think twice...

News report here

http://news.sky.com/story/1568228/video-shows-last-moments-before-high-speed-crash

X posted to dashcam thread as I think that the more that see it the better

Nice adrenaline shot watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Weaving around traffic at 300, your luck will only hold so long.

the driver of the red (what looks like Fiesta) car @ 4.00 must have s**t himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The actual cost on owning a Veyron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Ah but he'll never experience the thrill of finding a bargain on the Halfords clearance shelf...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

biko wrote: »
    30 grand for an oil change??? :eek: VW is taking the piss there. No way in hell does any oil change come to that. Hell you could probably do an oil change on the Queen Mary for less. I remember reading of the service costs for a McLaren F1, Rowan Atkinson's example IIRC and it required new propshafts every 10,000 miles or whatever and they cost 30,000 and that blew my mind, but for an oil change? GTFO. What I liked about Rowan is he actually drove the thing, went to the shops, drove to work, picked up his kids from school, drove it to France on hollers and all that. Fair play. Apparently it was a perfectly fine daily driver, remarkably big storage space, but could get hot in the cabin in sunnier climes.

I've been long subscribed to his Italian chap Davide, who drives some very nice cars, with some rarities thrown in on his Tube channel. He seems to have good petrolhead contacts that he can call on. Most of the good vids have English subtitles handily enough. Nicely shot, gorgeous Italian roads and strangely deserted. Last month I was surprised to see he did "my" car. Yay! :)

Bit of an oddball. Euro market version with Jap market front end.

Always loved these.

He can get excitable in only the way our Italian friends can. :) He's careful to avoid showing the speedo, but in his videos it's pretty clear he's not sparing the horses.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Wibbs wrote: »
    30 grand for an oil change??? :eek: VW is taking the piss there. No way in hell does any oil change come to that....

In fairness I believe that sort of price gets you a major service, probably including the sixteen (count 'em!) spark-plugs and around 40 litres of no doubt hideously expensive oil. All the bodywork aft of the doors needs to come off for this sort of thing, and if it's anything like a Ferrari Testarossa some actual engine disassembly probably comes into it as well. Costs like that aren't out-of-the-way for these sorts of cars, and in fact a lot of these "hypercar" merchants ship their McLaren F1s et al back to the factory for the annual service.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

jimgoose wrote: »
    In fairness I believe that sort of price gets you a major service, probably including the sixteen (count 'em!) spark-plugs and around 40 litres of no doubt hideously expensive oil.
    Ah heeeore JG, even if the spark plugs were a 100 quid each and the "special oil" was 100 quid a litre - and they ain't - that would be still under ten grand. Ten grand to remove some panels? No, sorry, no way is anyone going to convince me that twenty grand for an oil change/service is nothing but milking the type of folks who buy these cars and adding "value" in the form of hyper exclusivity. Goes for the 30 K tyres and 120 K for wheels. You could machine them from the purest unobtanium for many multiples less.

This is standard fare in luxury stuff anyway. It's soooo expensive because it's a [insert marque here]. The Ferrari F40 with 50 grand wings made from glorified fibre glass and a length of string for a door pull. :DThough if you want atomic powered levels of such BS my hobby of wristwatches is scarily daft.

Oh BTW I say fair play to VW, but c'mon… :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Oddly 20k on a 3million car is proportional to a 100 euro oil service on a 15k car. It's all relative :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I've been long subscribed to his Italian chap Davide, who drives some very nice cars, with some rarities thrown in on his Tube channel. He seems to have good petrolhead contacts that he can call on. Most of the good vids have English subtitles handily enough. Nicely shot, gorgeous Italian roads and strangely deserted. Last month I was surprised to see he did "my" car. Yay! :)

Bit of an oddball. Euro market version with Jap market front end.

Always loved these.

He can get excitable in only the way our Italian friends can. :) He's careful to avoid showing the speedo, but in his videos it's pretty clear he's not sparing the horses.

Is yours the dc2 wibbs? ran a 2000 fiat coupe 20vt myself a couple years ago and that vid is making me hella nostalgic :eek::o

funny you should mention davides vids ive been subscribed to his channel for the last few mths since his fiat ritmo vid:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...This is standard fare in luxury stuff anyway. It's soooo expensive because it's a [insert marque here]. The Ferrari F40 with 50 grand wings made from glorified fibre glass and a length of string for a door pull. :DThough if you want atomic powered levels of such BS my hobby of wristwatches is scarily daft.

Oh BTW I say fair play to VW, but c'mon… :D

I don't disagree with anything you say Wibbmeister, but this isn't just VW with the Veyron, this is how it is at that end of the market. People who buy these yokes love being charged the price of a flat for a basic overhaul, it makes them feel like the Special, and bowel-evacuatingly wealthy, Snowflakes they feel they should be! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

biko wrote: »

if you can afford to pay +$3 mil for a car I'm sure those costs aren't going to trouble you much.

That aside I love Salomondrins youtube channel, not a huge amount of content but what he does post is always entertaining

davycc wrote: »
    Is yours the dc2 wibbs?
    That's the one.
    ran a 2000 fiat coupe 20vt myself a couple years ago and that vid is making me hella nostalgic :eek::o
    Lovely car IMH. Loved the look of it.
    funny you should mention davides vids ive been subscribed to his channel for the last few mths since his fiat ritmo vid:D:D
    That the Abarth one? Mad little yoke, remarkably quick little yoke with it and largely ignored as a "hot hatch", or at least I've rarely heard it mentioned. Was it only LHD I wonder?

Crappy video, but I really want one of these.

Check out how utterly daft, quirky and French the interior is. I love it! So many have lost bits or all of the wacky interior down the years(the steering wheel is usually first to get dumped), that one kept all the goodies. It's in fantastic nick. I've driven one and about the scariest drive ever. I can run out of driving skill in any car pretty quickly, but I'd run out of skill on that one after I put it in 1st gear and let up the clutch. :D They've really gone up in price even in the last two or three years so... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Of the two French cars I'd love to own this is one of them, the other being a 205 T16 (although I'd settle for a GTI), there was talk of spending 3mil on a venryon on another thread but I'd rather fill my garage with quirky awesome cars like that 5 turbo and I'd probably have a bigger smile on my face choosing which one to drive on a particular day. It's a pity I'm so poor, I've seen a good few cars posted this week on numerous threads on boards I'd love to own.

[yutube]RRd3PPnV5ro[/youtube]

• Advertisement
Advertisement