Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No DSL in Mullinavat

Options
  • 23-01-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

My DSL, which hitherto had been most satisfactory once the initial teething issues were resolved, just stopped working on Fri. It no longer synchs with the exchange, is there an outage (am hooked up to the Mullinavat exchange)? Previously it would take about 10 seconds to synch, now it just flashes endlessly.

I've done the usual, reboot, tried master socket. No other devices on the line either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Darren,

Thanks for posting on the eircom /Boards Forum.

I see that your broadband is experiencing intermittent sync (connections) and that this has already been reported /and escalated to our engineering department.

This problem will need to resolved first by the engineers.

Your broadband is limited from what I can see to 1Mb. This is due to the nature of Adsl - rate adaptive - broadband, which is dependent on the distance from your premises to the exchange. Once the intermittency problem is solved, or located, then your broadband sync should go back to what it was.

If you need an update for your currrent fault, just call into Technical Support directly :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I can follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

My DSL, which hitherto had been most satisfactory once the initial teething issues were resolved, just stopped working on Fri. It no longer synchs with the exchange, is there an outage (am hooked up to the Mullinavat exchange)? Previously it would take about 10 seconds to synch, now it just flashes endlessly.

I've done the usual, reboot, tried master socket. No other devices on the line either.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Thanks Ant, is that an old ticket as I've not called Eircom directly at all? Initially, when DSL was set up, I had similar issues but once the engineer fixed it the performance has been perfectly stable thereafter until this weekend. I'd presume therefore that the issue isn't caused directly, albeit likely exacerbated by, distance from the exchange as if that were the case the issue would have remained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thanks Ant, is that an old ticket as I've not called Eircom directly at all? Initially, when DSL was set up, I had similar issues but once the engineer fixed it the performance has been perfectly stable thereafter until this weekend. I'd presume therefore that the issue isn't caused directly, albeit likely exacerbated by, distance from the exchange as if that were the case the issue would have remained.

Cheers Darren,

No, this is a current escalated case. I've re-read the fault description and see pending arrival of engineers is due today 23rd Jan 2012. I've just double checked. Right enough, I don't see anything logged with Technical Support.

It's possible the engineers are following up on a previous issue. They are onsite at the moment, as far as I can tell, so this all sounds positive in respect of your broadband connection overall.

Normally when the engineers are working on the line or the exchange, there is a certain amount of re-testing for several hours, or even over a few days. If you can wait for this to finish and then re-test you broadband in a day or two, then it should improve.

Tech Support will be able to advise you if work is still ungoing, or when the fault has been resloved.

Stay in touch,

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

That's interesting and great that this is happening already, thanks Ant :)

Advertisement