Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel G to perform with Crouch end chorus and a 3 piece brass section for IRE/UK tour

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Looks like Noel will be bringing his A game,

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will be augmented on the forthcoming tour of UK and Ireland by a three-piece brass section and the choirs Crouch End Festival Chorus and Hertfordshire Chorus.

From Noel's official website.

http://www.noelgallagher.com/#news/nghfbs-announce-additional-musicians-for-uk-a

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Great news, the gig was good enough value for €40 but this will up the show a notch too.

Apparently SeeTickets are arriving this week:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Id say he'll change the setlist as well.

Temaz wrote: »
    Id say he'll change the setlist as well.

So far he's added Whatever.

I don't mind however it changes just so long as Noel keeps all these songs;
    The Death of You and Me
    AKA.... What A Life
    If I Had A Gun
    I Wanna Live In A Dream (In My Record Machine)
    Wonderwall
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Little by Little
    Its Good (To Be Free)

I'd like him to add Stop The Clocks but I doubt he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

karaokeman wrote: »
    So far he's added Whatever.

I don't mind however it changes just so long as Noel keeps all these songs;
    The Death of You and Me
    AKA.... What A Life
    If I Had A Gun
    I Wanna Live In A Dream (In My Record Machine)
    Wonderwall
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Little by Little
    Its Good (To Be Free)

I'd like him to add Stop The Clocks but I doubt he will.
    He has said Stop the Clocks sounded sh*t live, plus the complicated backwards guitar solo makes the album version sound near impossible to replicate.

He always plays Whatever when he's in Japan. I honestly can't see him changing much, i'd love to see A Simple Game of Genius added and The Turning but wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Can't wait for the gig. The one in the Olympia was just magic. Do people really still want to hear him play don’t' look back in anger and wonderwall ?

Personally I could really do without these as they've been done to death and he doesn't even sing them - the crowd do.

Don't get me wrong, if there played I'm not going to sit down and sulk. I'll join in with everyone else but i'd rather they were replaced with two other songs.

• Advertisement

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the gig. The one in the Olympia was just magic. Do people really still want to hear him play don’t' look back in anger and wonderwall ?

Personally I could really do without these as they've been done to death and he doesn't even sing them - the crowd do.

Don't get me wrong, if there played I'm not going to sit down and sulk. I'll join in with everyone else but i'd rather they were replaced with two other songs.

I see what you mean, DLBIA and WW have been played more times than Noel would care to consider but at least it will save a lot of bitching from the fans who will be seeing Noel live for the first time.

Good thing with WW is that Liam has always sang it live, I know there's been radio interviews etc with Noel singing the song but at least now most fans will get to hear his version at the shows.

I'll be happy if he leaves out like The Importance of Being Idle, perhaps Supersonic, but hopefully Little by Little will stay there as it wasn't played at every show on the last two Oasis tours and its still a great tune.

Noel will probably add songs like The Masterplan and She's Electric because he mentioned them in some interviews.

Waiting For The Rapture and Cast No Shadow would be good too.

I reckon we will find out on Feb 13th, that is when his UK arena tour begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Do people really still want to hear him play don’t' look back in anger and wonderwall ?

NO.

Mucky Fingers was good last time, more of that kind of thing.

Sad Song and Listen Up would be good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I want Roll It Over acoustic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Really great news. Something a bit like the TCT gigs I suppose. Should be a mega night.

Advertisement