Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lostprophets - Dublin & Belfast

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Playing the Olympia and Ulster Hall. Tix on sale on Friday.

April 15th: Olympia Theatre, Dublin
    Tickets from €24.00 including booking fee

April 16th: Ulster Hall, Belfast
    Tickets £23.50 including booking fee

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

F'n delighted to hear this . They were great last time and im glad they werent put back in the Academy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

F'n delighted to hear this . They were great last time and im glad they werent put back in the Academy :D

Might check this out - I've seen them twice outdoors and they were brutal, and I had been looking forward to seeing them, but that was a long time ago....and a lot of bands are more suited to indoor venues.......always had a bit of a soft spot for their music though...

Mr.S wrote: »
    Would much prefer the academy! The Olympia, ive found, is awful when your standing.

Yea i would have personally prefered either Vicar St(wasnt going to happen since its a MCD gig) or Tripod . I like the olympia but i just find your view can be easily be cut out depending where you are standing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Would much prefer the academy! The Olympia, ive found, is awful when your standing.

Agreed. Hate the Olympia standing.
    Would definitely have gone if it was the academy, not sure now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

They didnt even fill the Academy last time! I got a ticket from the box office on the day in 2010 sure

• Advertisement

They didnt even fill the Academy last time! I got a ticket from the box office on the day in 2010 sure

Well id say it was 99% sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Just didn't seem like they sold enough to warrant a step up to the olympia!

True , maybe they will add a strong support for the tour? Hopefully not that rubbish Jodie Has A Hitlist:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

New album on the way, obviously fairly confident in it as both venues are bigger. The new single is below.

Ireland (http://bit.ly/yrEpqi) and UK (http://bit.ly/woz4Dn) - now's your chance to get first dibs on #Weapons and tour tickets. You ready?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

absolutely delighted :D havent seen these ever, iv always missed them when they've been here !!!! its been to long i know

A V A wrote: »
    absolutely delighted :D havent seen these ever, iv always missed them when they've been here !!!! its been to long i know

Yea had been dying to see them since 2004 and caught them in 2010 and they were great . Had to laught when Ian said "who was here the last time we played" (which was 2004???) and the amount of 16 year olds who said yes was hillarious

Yea had been dying to see them since 2004 and caught them in 2010 and they were great . Had to laught when Ian said "who was here the last time we played" (which was 2004???) and the amount of 16 year olds who said yes was hillarious

They took some serious amounts of bottles to the stage that day, no wonder they took so long coming back!

They took some serious amounts of bottles to the stage that day, no wonder they took so long coming back!
    Ha i think they were on about when they played the Ambassador

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Anyone know if this one is underage also? Was gutted last time in the academy, didn't notice that the tickets said that under 18's were allowed and showed up to a bar full of soft drinks :(

@Furious-Red: No way it was 99% full at the last gig, was loads of standing room and we could walk in and out of the dance floor area freely. Hopefully they fill the olympia..

Anyone know if this one is underage also? Was gutted last time in the academy, didn't notice that the tickets said that under 18's were allowed and showed up to a bar full of soft drinks :(

@Furious-Red: No way it was 99% full at the last gig, was loads of standing room and we could walk in and out of the dance floor area freely. Hopefully they fill the olympia..

It seemed pretty packed where i was . Em id say they will still sell alochol in the Olympia though they will prob just ID people

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Why did they have to choose to have the gig on Sunday?
    I think I'm going to cry. I've been waiting for so long to see them live and then when they finally come to Ireland they pick the WORST DATE EVER.

Aside from that, I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

tr0llface wrote: »
    Why did they have to choose to have the gig on Sunday?
    I think I'm going to cry. I've been waiting for so long to see them live and then when they finally come to Ireland they pick the WORST DATE EVER.

Aside from that, I hope you all enjoy yourselves.

Go see them in Belfast the day after then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Whats wrong with it being on a Sunday :confused:

Work or school the next day I'm guessing.

• Advertisement

Following the success of last week’s unveiling of new single video ‘Bring Em Down’, Lostprophets can now reveal a new spiced-up version of the hit, a remix by Russell Lissack of Bloc Party.

The original track, out March 26th, will feature on the band’s fifth studio album ‘Weapons’ released via Epic on April 2nd. Check out the remix below.

http://soundcloud.com/lostprophetsofficial/bring-em-down-russell-bloc

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

honru wrote: »
    Work or school the next day I'm guessing.

As far as I know, I've got an exam the next day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Heading to the gig in Belfast and totally excited about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hoyeean

Anybody receive their copy of Weapons from Ticketmaster yet?

hoyeean wrote: »
    Anybody receive their copy of Weapons from Ticketmaster yet?

Nope

I was wondering that as well? Ended up buying the CD in HMV today! If I receive the CD signed it will make a handy birthday present for the sister.

Also does anyone know what the setlist is for the gig? I know they'll be playing their new stuff but I'd like to here them play some old time stuff like Last Summer.

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I was wondering that as well? Ended up buying the CD in HMV today! If I receive the CD signed it will make a handy birthday present for the sister.

Also does anyone know what the setlist is for the gig? I know they'll be playing their new stuff but I'd like to here them play some old time stuff like Last Summer.

Gonna be hard to say since Dublin and Belfast are the 1st 2 dates of the tour

Yeah though as much, I'm usually able to track down setlists but no luck this time!

Been listening to the new album all day and I wasn't too keen when I first listened but now I love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Going to the Olympia date, should be good. Enjoyed the Academy date last time they were here. Anyone know if any supports have been announced?

Advertisement