Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lostprophets - Dublin & Belfast

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bleeding_souls

from posters i've seen in the city centre, it seems modestep are the support band for ireland and the uk anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Much more interested if Modestep are supporting. May check out tickets now.....

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Just checked their website and they are the support act. Think it will be a good night, I may have a listen to some of their stuff on Youtube.

s61tnn.png

So how was the gig? What was the support act?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pretty good gig (although i arrived late and missed about 4 or 5 songs) but was still good . Was'nt a sell out standing was about 70% sold out not sure what it was like upstairs . Played about 90mins or more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

That was a pretty good gig! I thought it better than their last one. Modestep were pretty awesome (Unfortunately, I missed a large amount of their set :( ). My shin's in bits from the moshing, but so worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Absolutely fantastic gig I'd have to say. I caught the latter half of Modestep's set which was quite enjoyable. Lostprophets must have played for almost 2 hours, and they packed in something for everyone - all the hits, plenty of killer album tracks (including Everyday Combat and Sway, which I was delighted with) as well as a few off Weapons which were generally well received. Crowd behind the barrier was a little sedate for my tastes at times so I would've preferred to be in the pit, but it did get more energetic for the big singles. The band themselves were in top shape, as they should be at the start of a tour, and Ian's vocals (and brilliant Welsh accent) were pretty flawless.

26 quid well spent I say :pac:

Setlist
    Bring 'Em Down
    We Still Kill The Old Way
    Better Off Dead
    Can't Catch Tomorrow (Good Shoes Won't Save You This Time)
    A Town Called Hypocrisy
    Another Shot
    Make a Move
    Heart on Loan
    Where We Belong
    4:AM Forever
    Jesus Walks
    Last Summer
    Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)
    Shinobi Vs. Dragon Ninja
    We Bring An Arsenal
    To Hell We Ride
    Last Train Home
    Burn Burn

Encore:
    Everyday Combat
    Sway
    The Light That Shines Twice As Bright...

I came in during Another Shot

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Pretty good gig (although i arrived late and missed about 4 or 5 songs) but was still good . Was'nt a sell out standing was about 70% sold out not sure what it was like upstairs . Played about 90mins or more
    Trust me you are speaking for downstairs only!! Circle was a ghost town, can only imagine what the Upper Circle was like.

In my own opinion(so don't judge me) this was one of the worst gig's I have been too. The support act Modestep were just not my cup of tea, music fusion can sometimes be a great thing, but mixing dance and rock(both of which I like) just sucked big time!! Stayed in the bar(which was thankfully open!) for most of the opener.

Lp's were great, their enthusiasm was awesome given 70% of the seating was empty, they really made an effort for the fans that showed, and actually played better than in the academy..

Bought 2nd row seats in the circle and couldn't fit into them(6ft 2) so had to sit back a few rows just to be comfortable, was told we could head downstairs but after the academy last time what felt like we were babysitting we decided to take our chances upstairs :)

So all in all a mediocre gig, bring on blink in june! :D

Yea they were def better than the Academy show but it this time it was the start of the tour and i think the Academy was near end of the last tour.

I think if they come back over they will need to put on a tour eg with 1 or 2 known supports . eg Blackout(i know not everyones cup of tea), We Are The Ocean etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Belfast last night didn't sell well at all either. Band played excellent, probably the best performance I've seen from them in the 4 times I've seen them over the years. Really weird atmosphere at it though. Thought the setlist was excellent, pity it wasn't a smaller venue as it would've been very good.
    So all in all a mediocre gig, bring on blink in june! :D

Blink were mediocre last time they were here.

I never saw them live before so I'm pretty happy about that gig! I got about 350 pictures as well (I was quite trigger happy :o ) I hoped they'd sing Can't Catch Tomorrow :)

Feet are so broke today!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Not a lostprophets fan but they played well, good drummer. Singer was off a lot though. First gig of the tour though so cant judge yet. Thought the ending was a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Not their biggest fan, my friend is, so went along with her.

Ended up having a great time (knew more songs than I thought I would) and was one of the rare times I was within a mosh circle, it has been a long time coming!

Felt it the next day though :o

Lostprophets have confirmed the rumours that have been circulating: on their forthcoming Cardiff date, they're set to play their defining 'Start Something' album in full! Hell yeah!

The band are currently on the road supporting their new album 'Weapons'. Remaining dates as follows:

APRIL
    23 - BIRMINGHAM Academy
    24 - ABERDEEN Music Hall
    25 - GLASGOW Academy
    27 - NEWCASTLE Academy
    28 - CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena
    30 - NOTTINGHAM Rock City

MAY
    01 - CAMBRIDGE Corn Exchange
    02 - SOUTHAMPTON Guildhall
    04 - LONDON Brixton Academy

Advertisement