Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I hope to move into a new house shortly.The house is bank sell off built about three years ago but not occupied.The gas and electricity are on and have readings showing in the mid 3 hundreds.As the builder is not to be found do i need to worry about being stuck with this bill.Is giving a meter reading to the provider enough to protect me or will I have a problem if this outstanding bill is not paid.Also how do I find the MPRN number which I will need when I register it in my name?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi gkhan,
    gkhan wrote:
    As the builder is not to be found do i need to worry about being stuck with this bill?

You would only be liable for bills registered in your own name. The best way to proceed is to take a meter reading when you move in, and contact us with:
    • Your full name, date of birth and contact number
    • The address and MPRN of the property
    • The move in date and above-mentioned reading
    gkhan wrote:
    Also how do I find the MPRN number which I will need when I register it in my name?

Normally you would receive this from a previous occupant, landlord or estate agent; if you don't have it, not to worry. Take note of the serial number on the meter and we will be able to locate the MPRN for you. When you receive your first bill, the MPRN number will show at the top right of the invoice.

Further information on moving in can be found here.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement