Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD: iXtreamer Full HD Hybrid Media Player, 802.11n USB Antenna and iPod/iPad dock

• 23-01-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Tempted. Very very tempted.

6010_v5_hi_1327069621.jpg

iXtreamer Full HD Hybrid Media Player, 802.11n USB Antenna and iPod/iPad dock « Back
    Brand: Xtreamer
    Type: iXtreamer
    Hybrid Media Player with 1080P PlayBack
    Chipset: Realtek 1283X DD+ / Dedicated Apple Dock Controller
    Memory: 256MB DDR 2 SDRAM, 256MB Flash
    Video containers: MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V), MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG), MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS), VOB, AVI, ASF, WMV, Matroska (MKV), (H.264) AVC HD, MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4, FLV - Flash Video, VP6 Codec h.264 Streaming FLV
    Audio containers: AAC, M4A, MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA), WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG,RMP4, FLC, PCM, PLSX
    Audio codecs: Audio Down Mix : DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR / Audio Passthrough 5.1 CH : DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR 5.1 CH - Audio Passthrough 7.1CH - Dolby TrueHD , DTS HD-MA / Photo formats : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, HD JPEG / Other formats: ISO, IFO, FLV, RM, RA, RAM / Subtitle formats : SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA, IDX / Streaming formats : RTSP, FLV, FLV HD (VP6)
    Connectivity: WIFI, UPnP SSDP, UPnP AV, NTFS, NFS, USB 2.0 (Salve + Host), Apple iTunes Dock
    Network: Ethernet 10/100 RJ-45 / WIFI USB Antenna 802.11n
    Web services: Video : YouTube, Picasa, Yahoo Video, CNN, NBC Today, CBS Face the Nation and more / Audio : Live365 Radio, iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, BBC Podcast, CNN News , Indiefeed, Jamendo / Photo : Picasaweb / RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Xchange, MSNBC News and more / Supports On2Media VP6 Codec h.264 Streaming FLV / xVOD - Megavideo based online streaming
    Apple Dock Compatibility: iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch 4th generation, iPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 1st generation, iPod classic 120GB 160GB (2009), iPod classic 160GB (2007), iPod classic 80GB, iPod nano 6th generation, iPod nano 5th generation (video camera), iPod nano 4th generation (video), iPod nano 3rd generation (video), iPod 5th generation (video), iPod 4th generation (color display) 40GB 60GB
    Media Support: BluRay BD Iso with Simple Navigation / Commercial DVD with menus
    Internet Live Radio: Shoutcast / Live .pls and m3u radio streams
    Multilingual On Screen Display , Subtitles & GUI: Arabic, Thai, Hebrew,Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, German, Italian, Turkish, Greek , Dutch, French, Latvian, Russian, Croatian, Portugese, Swedish, Polish, Romanian, Ukrainian, English, Magyar, Czech, Slovenian, Finish, Danish, UTF-8
    Package Content: iXtreamer (HDD not included), 100~240V Power Adapter, 1.5M length HDMI cable, WiFi 802.11n USB Antenna, IceCube Passive cooling Kit (optional), Audio & Video Cables, Infra-Red Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries, Full power down standby and power up by remote control, USB Slave cable, Quick start guide
    Dimensions: 242mm(W) x 251mm(D) x 66mm(H)
    Weight: 1 kg
    Legal warranty: 2 years
    The expected shipping date of this product is 25 January 2012

Price: € 119,95
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I bought one of these from ibood last year. I have a few comments

Pro: This media player has played everything I've thrown at it, which isn't bad. IPod/Ipad support is nice too (although I havent used it much for that). Can stream a few TV stations.

Con: Software is a bit buggy, youtube not always playing, seems to be a bit haphazard with running stuff (can freeze when running apps and stuff), can't add Netflix (well, not that I can figure out anyway). Megavideo support isn't a great selling point anymore :) IBood sold this last July for the exact same price, I would have expected some reduction in 6 months...

Verdict - Decent enough cheap media player for €120, not the best but not the worst either. IBood take their time shipping as well, wouldnt take much notice of what they say, you will be waiting a few weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

This is a bit of a con, the iBood price says its reduced from 250, but on xtreamer.net you can get it for 122 euro. And Pixmania have it for 129. If you buy from Pixmania you can't be done by customs.

I personally like the look of the new Xtreamer Sidewinder 3 for 99 euro:
    http://shop.xtreamer.net/products/Xtreamer-SideWinder3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

99 plus 35 for shipping from Honkong and possible Tax & VAT charges too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

ecomac wrote: »
    99 plus 35 for shipping from Honkong and possible Tax & VAT charges too.
    True, but hopefully will be available on Amazon or Pixmania soon to avoid high shipping and tax. Also according to Xtreamer they are opening a european shop which sill also avoid the tax and shipping costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

For me who doesn't know is the purpose of one of these to allow you to stream content from your laptop or PC to your TV and additionally to stream some online contect such as You tube etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

For me who doesn't know is the purpose of one of these to allow you to stream content from your laptop or PC to your TV and additionally to stream some online contect such as You tube etc?

Yup :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

I would stay away from anything from Xtreamer. Their products are full of flaws/bugs and they have stopped development on older products even though they promised firmware 3 on all devices.
    If you try and complain on their forum you get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

jspuds wrote: »
    I would stay away from anything from Xtreamer. Their products are full of flaws/bugs and they have stopped development on older products even though they promised firmware 3 on all devices.
    If you try and complain on their forum you get banned.

Wouldnt agree.

Xtreamer pro is one of the best things ive ever bought.

If you go into harvey norman and buy a media player for 120 itll have a crap GUI that will never be updated so why is it such a big deal if Xtreamer dont update theres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Media999 wrote: »
    Wouldnt agree.

Xtreamer pro is one of the best things ive ever bought.

If you go into harvey norman and buy a media player for 120 itll have a crap GUI that will never be updated so why is it such a big deal if Xtreamer dont update theres.

They treat their customers like ****, one guy had his order cancelled because he complained about delivery dates. Lots of people had trouble getting their money back on cancelled orders. Xtreamer promised to develop Firmware 3 on all new and old devices over a year ago and then recently quietly dropped older devices from that firmware.
    I couldn't support a company who treats customers like this no matter how good their products are.
    Have a look at the following site for more info
    http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22682

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Hi
    Forget about this one,for those of you who have a HDMI output on you laptop,sky HD box,or similar i got this before xmas on eBay,
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/257588

• Advertisement
Advertisement