Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Stuff to do Midweek

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm looking for some funstuff to do midweek for entertainment in the Navan, Dunshaughlin, Dunboyne areas of Meath.
    It's not a regular thing like a class that I'm looking for. Just something fun to do on a midweek evening if you manage to get out and about. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

We often go bowling in Bettystown, it's nowhere near as expensive as Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Take in some of the scenery (weather permitting)
    Ie: Hill of Tara, Newgrange, Knowth, Slane Castle or similar.
    Depending on time of year you can you can do some Kyaking on the Boyne or fishing if you like. Then there are the pubs, darts or pool if your into that, JJP card club in Johnstown Navan.
    Some midweek race meets at Fairyhouse racecourse.
    Some great gigs at The Venue in Ratoath.
    Round of Golf on some of the best courses in the country.
    Have a look at Pudden hill Activity centre
    The Zone in Navan.
    Should find somthing there to keep you buzy for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭Archeron

Take in some of the scenery (weather permitting)
    Ie: Hill of Tara, Newgrange, Knowth, Slane Castle or similar.

Is Slane castle open to the public? Even if it was open just for a ramble around the grounds would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Archeron wrote: »
    Is Slane castle open to the public? Even if it was open just for a ramble around the grounds would be great.

I did a tour or the castle and grounds a few years back, not sure if they still do it but it would be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I love the cinema near O'Briens in Navan town. It's very old fashioned. Keeps the wife happy.

I hope it's still open these days. Haven't been in about 2 months. (babysitter permitting).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They do Bingo on Thursday nights in Peter's pub in Dunshaughlin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Archeron wrote: »
    I did a tour or the castle and grounds a few years back, not sure if they still do it but it would be worth checking out.

It is open to the public again, my mother and sister done it towards the end of the summer last year, not sure what times of the year its open but they said it was a good tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

Any midweek comedy clubs or gigs in Meath anywhere near the Kells area?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

ust park on the main st at night..that will get u laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

ust park on the main st at night..that will get u laughing

You waited a whole year to post that? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭maco12

well because it took a year to find fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I reckon there is lots to do... it just needs to be listed out.

There is a lot of peeps with not much going on in their day to day lives at the moment - especially midweek.

Advertisement