Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team America - World Police

• 23-01-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Team America - World Police Bullies

So I've been following the news latley about Iran's Nuclear Interest, and can't help but reading it somewhat like this:

Iran developing technology to build nuclear power plant to power country, hence removing it's dependance on oil. Team america says "No, you're not allowed to develope WMD's!... Iran is like "wtf, who said anything about weapons of mass destruction you war mongering bigot?!...we're making a power plant!", Team America says "no no no, No Nuclear Bombs for you!!!", Iran rolls eyes saying "Nuclear power plant. Idiot... like you're one to talk about nuclear bombs *cough* hiroshima, nagasaki *cough*. Team america gets pissy and says "FUCK YOU", then proceeds to scuttle off to his friends the EU and gets them to gang up with him against Iran. Now US and EU impose imbargo that Iran cannot export oil to anybody anymore. Not to china, south korea, Japan, ANYONE. Iran get's annoyed and says FINE, then i'm not going to let you use our big canal at the Straight of Hormuz. Team America is like "watch me", and strolls in with US aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincon with his buddies; a British Royal Navy Frigate and a French Warship. (FYI, the USS Abreham Lincoln is a Nimitz class aircraft carrier. IT IS... wait for it.... NUCLEAR POWERED!)

poor iran :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Reads like an Alex Jones rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

chin_grin wrote: »

what..the guy who sang Walking in the air?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

In the original song, or in the snowman movie. I think they're different. Pretty sure I heard the one from the movie guy on the radio recently.

Bet he gets all the ho's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Peter Auty sung it on the film version

Aren't you glad Wikipedia is back

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

That's "Aled"....who come to think of it would be lucky to get through Homeland Security with a name like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Iran developing technology to build nuclear power plant to power country, hence removing it's dependance on oil.

Yep, that'd be the reason all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Wanna be the strongest man on the world? Be the only man on the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

So I've been following the news latley...

ahhhh there's your problem right there..

MarkR wrote: »
    In the original song, or in the snowman movie. I think they're different. Pretty sure I heard the one from the movie guy on the radio recently.

Bet he gets all the ho's.

whichever one had no testicles. probably stolen by america too :mad:

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    That's "Aled"....who come to think of it would be lucky to get through Homeland Security with a name like that.

Nope. This guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones_(radio_host)

Google.

Use it.

well im glad he's still in broadcasting, he was pretty quite after The Snowman

well im glad he's still in broadcasting, he was pretty quite after The Snowman

Let himself snow go though, hasn't he?

(can't beat 'em :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

The Americans might get confused
    And bomb the Aran islands !
    Smart bombs are only effective when dropped over the right country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Doesn't he present Songs of Praise now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Aran Islands DOES sound sufficiently similar to Iran Islands in an American accent to justify full on war with Ireland. I'd say we should be putting our airforce on standyby just incase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Aran Islands DOES sound sufficiently similar to Iran Islands in an American accent to justify full on war with Ireland. I'd say we should be putting our airforce on standyby just incase...
    I'm on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

I think air fix has gone bust ?
    There could be a few quid in this ..
    Charge more for landing in Shannon airport open a Dunkin donuts beside the runway .
    Make the sheep wear beards and turbans ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Yes Damn those american pigdogs, why can't they be more like us.

P.S Can we still have your investment money though. Oh and say hi to my uncle and the other 12% of Irish America. P.P.S petrol is 1.50 a litre now, can you sort that **** out please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Like with Iraq, they need a reason to force the oil back into $. It has nothing to do with nuclear abilities, don't delude yourself into thinking this.

With China and Russia beating their chests in retaliation though, I don't think anything is likely to happen.

This is one situation were america cannot win. The few at the top might get the war they want. America, though, will suffer. So will we.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

RichieC wrote: »
    30 years ago...
    :eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

I nearly got a bit sick myself correcting.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

This is one situation were america cannot win.

Don't bet on it.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Don't bet on it.

Oh I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

Israel have nukes don't they? North Korea too??

When will the yanks bring ''freedom and prosperity'' to these countries?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Iran must be feering ronery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

If the US doesn't do it - who will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Basically you're saying you believe everything the Iranians say and nothing the Americans say. Fair enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Go Tobban wrote: »
    Israel have nukes don't they? North Korea too??

When will the yanks bring ''freedom and prosperity'' to these countries?
    Isreal and america are friends, but they arent talking to north korea because they wont do what america wants.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Basically you're saying you believe everything the Iranians say and nothing the Americans say. Fair enough....

Well at least there is a reason to not believe the US

Didn't they already use this tactic in Iraq? ie pretend Iraq had 'weapons of mass destruction' and then invade finding absolutely nothing

Well at least there is a reason to not believe the US

Didn't they already use this tactic in Iraq? ie pretend Iraq had 'weapons of mass destruction' and then invade finding absolutely nothing

Maybe Iran wont make the same mistakes and allow inspectors to enter the country and work unimpeded. Unless they have something to hide.

• Advertisement

Maybe Iran wont make the same mistakes and allow inspectors to enter the country and work unimpeded. Unless they have something to hide.
    Why do they have to hide what they are doing? If they want nuclear weapons whats the problem? America have an assload, I wouldnt trust them as far as I can piss. Russia? yikes!!! China? well they keep to themselves and dont tell us what to wear or watch. Iran have never done anything other than defy Isreal and america and are thus punished and we get nice news stories about them being crazy muslims, when infact of all muslim states they are closest to moderate.

Even if they are making weapons, what are America getting involved for?

Israel have undeclared nukes, if them nutcases can have them, surely Iran can have them aswel. Put it this way, if I was an Iranian citizen, I sure as hell would want a nuclear bomb as a deterrent against Israel and the US

Why do they have to hide what they are doing? If they want nuclear weapons whats the problem? America have an assload, I wouldnt trust them as far as I can piss. Russia? yikes!!! China? well they keep to themselves and dont tell us what to wear or watch. Iran have never done anything other than defy Isreal and america and are thus punished and we get nice news stories about them being crazy muslims, when infact of all muslim states they are closest to moderate.
    Even if they are making weapons, what are America getting involved for?

Israel have undeclared nukes, if them nutcases can have them, surely Iran can have them aswel. Put it this way, if I was an Iranian citizen, I sure as hell would want a nuclear bomb as a deterrent against Israel and the US

MAD nuclear principle doesn't work with theocratic states.

MAD nuclear principle doesn't work with theocratic states.

On what evidence, professor smythy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Well OP.... let it all happen, China will get the oil, the US will further decline as the 'hyper power' and in a few years nobody (else) will give a shít what America says.
    And I thought they'd get the message after what we they did on Sept. 11th ........ Phuff, the capital of Australia is Dadbag!!!!

• Advertisement

On what evidence, professor smythy?

None..... Namely because theocratic states have never had nukes.

MAD is less likely to work on theocratic states IMO. Reasoning being the powers that be in Iran are going to heaven apparently. Iran not having nuclear weapons is good news for ordinary Iranians as a result.

earpiece wrote: »
    Well OP.... let it all happen, China will get the oil, the US will further decline as the 'hyper power' and in a few years nobody (else) will give a shít what America says.
    And I thought they'd get the message after what we they did on Sept. 11th ........ Phuff, the capital of Australia is Dadbag!!!!

Team China! Better the devil you know is all I'll say.

MAD is less likely to work on theocratic states IMO. Reasoning being the powers that be in Iran are going to heaven apparently. Iran not having nuclear weapons is good news for ordinary Iranians as a result.

you clearly know nothing about Iran. you're assumptions are outlandish...

Pakistan have nukes, theocratic, Israel have nukes, theocratic.

The u.s. where on a divinely inspired war the past 10 years. They have the most nukes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

Ever heard the phrase "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"?

The US are singing the very same song as they were before they launched a full scale invasion on an innocent nation in the name of "freedom". Hundreds of thousands of innocent people lost their lives in the name of this "freedom" but hey, the Iraqi oil got changed back from being sold in € to $ and the US installed a government to oversee it. Freedom worth fighting for, right?

They're now doing the same evidence less posturing, including painting Iran as an oppressive, extremist Muslim nation, all on the back of no evidence once again. Oh wait, there could be a bunker underground that nobody could see, right?

People have a right to doubt what the US say. Iran, thus far, hasn't been invading and destroying countries on the back of lies, using their military against residents in foreign nations (US Seal teams taking out Osama in Pakistan), etc.

I'm glad to see Russia and China involved though. The US will not screw with China as china basically own them and the Russians aren't going to be walked over. It might just be what we need to keep them from messing with Iran for the time being.

I'm not anti-US, for whatever it's worth, quite the opposite. I just wish they'd sit down and let everyone get on with their lives rather than dictating the world as they want it and threatening war if they don't get it.

quietriot wrote: »
    including painting Iran as an oppressive, extremist Muslim nation, all on the back of no evidence once again

Ah yeah, sure them Iranians are such an open, free, and democratic Government.:rolleyes:

Oh I will.

You'll lose.:)

Isreal and america are friends, but they arent talking to north korea because they wont do what america wants.are the biggest threat to world peace since Hitler

FYP.

you clearly know nothing about Iran. you're assumptions are outlandish...

Pakistan have nukes, theocratic, Israel have nukes, theocratic.

Dodgy calling them theocratic states. People with final legal power are not clergymen. Neither have clergymen with sole power to declare war. War being an aspect of MAD. Religion being an aspect of general moronity both at home and abroad.

Sweet Jesus. They said the same about Hitler. Have we learned NOTHING???

As for China, yeah they leave us alone. Out of sight out of mind and all that. Unless you're Chinese - and living in China.

As I've said on numerous occasions - and you've named them all out - I'll take the Americans ahead of the "alternatives". Anytime.:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement